St Pauls Girls School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
guest19

St Pauls Girls School

Post by guest19 »

Can anyone give any advice on the St Pauls exam. What type of questions will they be asking in both the exam and interview.

Please reply as I am due to sit the exam in Jan :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thanks
guest19

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by guest19 »

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!! I am really in need of someone to reply some info!!!!
My test is very soon and I need some help, please!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Guest »

You should find all the information you need on their website:

https://www.spsfg.org/admissions/index.asp
Wallasey

Post by Wallasey »

Actually that link is to an american school. The one in the UK is http://www.spgs.org/website/index.htm but it doesn't seem to offer any information about the examination, apart from the date.
picasso

Post by picasso »

St Paul's exam consits of English, Maths and I think a third 'surprise' paper (which differs from year to year).
guest19

St Pauls

Post by guest19 »

We have already been told in the letter that the third subject will be science comprehension. We have looked on the sites many times and they don't seem to offer very much information.
:roll:
picasso

Post by picasso »

Most girls that sit the St Pauls exam are very well prepared and I suspect will have been tutored heavily. I do know of one girl who got through the exams who had never been tutored and had been to a state school. I think though that this is rare. St Pauls like other top independents do very well because they pick the best performing girls.

I have heard from other parents that the exams are tough especially the third paper and so are the interviews. Sorry I can't help you further. The school as you know doesn't let on very much and parents themselves can also be very secretive about the admissions procedure. Good Luck.
KES parent

Post by KES parent »

If you are just looking for a fee paying place and don't need a scholarship or bursary, you should be OK applying to any independent school without tutoring providing you are of the right kind of ability level (this means probably within the top 20% of your age group, anticipating 3 high Level 5s in SATs.) Schools like St Paul's don't want to turn away naturally clever girls in favour of less able ones who have been heavily tutored - they would be crazy to do this. However, a non means-tested scholarship would probably be restricted to the truly gifted (not as many children as the government would have us believe with their G&T initiative), and you and your parents will probably know if you come into this category. Science comprehension should mean exactly what it says - the answers should be within the text for you to find if you have the ability to understand what you are reading. Just keep calm and don't panic if you see unfamiliar words - it is meant to be difficult but not impossible, so just treat it like any other comprehension and don't be fazed because it is dealing with ideas you may not have come across before. The best of luck to you. By the way, I am assuming you are in Year 6 at the moment, as most girls' schools take in pupils at this age.
*SuperStar*

Thanks

Post by *SuperStar* »

Dear KES parent :P

Thank you very much for your most-detailed reply and thoughtful encouraging words. :D

Regards 8)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now