Wallington County GS - 2015 allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiffinboys

Wallington County GS - 2015 allocation

Post by tiffinboys »

Please post your DC's score/success story/score or position if wait listed in this thread to keep all useful info at one place. Thanks

Good Luck to every one waiting for the news.
see

Re: Wallington County GS - 2015 allocation

Post by see »

tiffinboys wrote:Please post your DC's score/success story/score or position if wait listed in this thread to keep all useful info at one place. Thanks

Good Luck to every one waiting for the news.
My d d got wally girls
pepys74a

Post by pepys74a »

Got an offer, but we already have accepted our 1st choice indie so we will be rejecting the offer and hope that it makes someone on the waiting list happy!
Jem123

Post by Jem123 »

My DS has been offered WCGS. We are pleased although Wilsons was his first choice. We are looking at the pluses for WCGS as we much preferred Wilsons open evening.
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

My son was offered a place at WCGS and is delighted, as are we :)
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

Jem - found this posted by a Wally boy parent last year.

My son is in the current Year 7 & I am delighted with the school. They are very caring, the lessons are excellent and he is flying. They condense years 7 - 9 in to two years and do their options at the end of year 8.

They do play rugby a lot, but they do also have a football team and my son plays in that too. He loves the sport. Be warned though, the kit costs a fortune !!

The induction programme is excellent - they have a family BBQ for the new boys in June and then they get to spend four whole days over two weeks in their new forms. My son felt like part of the school before he even started.

Well done for getting offered a place - I'm still delighted he went there.
ShrimpStation

Post by ShrimpStation »

Jem 123 - I know about 5 or 6 who are declining places at Wilson's, so if you're still interested, places will definitely come up on the waiting list.
Jem123

Post by Jem123 »

Thanks both! I am not too confident about movement on the waiting list though as, from the Borough of Sutton's published figures from last year (see link below), Wilsons offered 203 places as they realise a certain amount of offers won't be accepted. Therefore, 24 offers would have to be rejected to free up one space and as I understand it that would be offered to a Sutton boy and we are in Croydon. I will however ring up and find out where my DS is on the waiting list. Do I ring Sutton or the school?

https://www.sutton.gov.uk/CHttpHandler. ... =23225&p=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

My DS is a gentle boy and not interested in rugby or football. He loves badminton though. He is quietly confident and very popular, but not at all a 'roughty-toughty' boy, so maybe he would be better off at WCGS rather than us persuing Wilsons. Does anyone have any helpful advice for me please?

Thank you to everyone who has contributed on this forum, which has been invaluable.
Biggiesmall

Post by Biggiesmall »

We're in Croydon too Jem123
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Don't know if this helps or not but Wilson's have a very good reputation for competitive badminton.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now