Solihull to KES

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Solihull2KES

Solihull to KES

Post by Solihull2KES »

Hi there, I am new to site, delighted dad whose ds has got into KES but concerned about the distance and difficulties in transport. Driving every day not really an option, private bus sounds rather full and places very uncertain at present (also very long route via Kenilworth), other option is X20 down Stratford Rd but am concerned at sending him out on public transport at such a young age.

Any views or ideas much appreciated, thanks :roll:
KenR

Re: Solihull to KES

Post by KenR »

Train to Stratford is fine for KES - quite a lot of Solihull/Shirley/Wythall boys do that
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Ah...the X20...don't know the bus route but do know from the massive number of tweets that get sent by Johnson's coaches, that it is always delayed, breaking down or running late....I would seek an alternative method to that, if I were you. Solihull to KES is a long way though, especially after after school clubs/productions/concerts etc....
SolihullCHBMum

Post by SolihullCHBMum »

Anyone interested in a new private coach service from Solihull (via Knowle/Dorridge, Lapworth, HHeath, Henley then onto KES/SGGS)? I have been quoted by a company that can provide a private minibus or coach - just need enough people to make it viable! Please let me know if you or a friend are interested...
Solihull2KES

Post by Solihull2KES »

KenR wrote:Train to Stratford is fine for KES - quite a lot of Solihull/Shirley/Wythall boys do that
Thanks; assume that needs to be the Shirley train line as the times of the direct trains from Solihull don't work? Also quite a walk from Stratford train station to KES?

Would be great to arrange a direct bus service Solihull / Bentley Heath / Knowle & Dorridge / Hockley Heath if there was enough demand...
Solihull2KES

Post by Solihull2KES »

kenyancowgirl wrote:Ah...the X20...don't know the bus route but do know from the massive number of tweets that get sent by Johnson's coaches, that it is always delayed, breaking down or running late....I would seek an alternative method to that, if I were you. Solihull to KES is a long way though, especially after after school clubs/productions/concerts etc....
Thanks; yes that's the dilemma, difficult journey to excellent school better than easy journey to another less good or expensive private school!
Gladitsallover

Post by Gladitsallover »

Hi there, my DS also has a place at KES and we're in Dorridge.
We would definitely be interested in a possible direct private mini-coach or similar direct to Stratford...
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

It was a long time ago now, but when we visited Shottery for the Year 6 parents' evening they had a map up with an indication of the girls travelling from each area. We were able to meet with others coming from our area and discuss buses, etc. I don't know if KES does anything similar.

However, you might like to include Shottery parents in your query about buses. The current Johnsons bus service through Balsall Common and Kenilworth is the result of a successful parental initiative.
Solimum55

Post by Solimum55 »

We are also in a similar position but for Shottery, we live in central solihull and would be interested in private transport. I also know of a couple of other girls who would be interested too who are also solihull based.
Solihull2KES

Post by Solihull2KES »

Solimum55 wrote:We are also in a similar position but for Shottery, we live in central solihull and would be interested in private transport. I also know of a couple of other girls who would be interested too who are also solihull based.
Thanks, will be in touch. Would be great to sort something out, otherwise the X20 beckons!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now