Allocation stats breakdown for 2015

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Hera

Allocation stats breakdown for 2015

Post by Hera »

http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/adm ... cstats1516" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WP

Re: Allocation stats breakdown for 2015

Post by WP »

Thanks for posting that.

None of the schools in SW Herts have unallocated places, and I see there's significant overallocation at Bushey Academy, Bushey Meads and Westfield. That's unusual for Bushey Meads, and it's particularly high for Westfield. Places seem very tight. There are high numbers of non-ranked allocations at several primaries in Bushey, Garston, Leavesden, Radlett, Sarratt and Watford. There are particularly bad figures at Cherry Tree and Parkgate primaries.

Out-of-county allocations to Watford Boys have jumped from 23 to 37, but they've stayed fairly stable for the other schools in the area.
Hera

Post by Hera »

I think the out of county allocations at the boys school may well have been influenced by the number of children with a SEN statement, they had to allocate this year. They have admitted 14 children under this category which is unusual.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

WP wrote:Out-of-county allocations to Watford Boys have jumped from 23 to 37, but they've stayed fairly stable for the other schools in the area.
Could it be down to the sibling / cross sibling allocations? The boys and girls grammar are approx a mile from each other. Could that affect whether a sibling gets an out of county allocation?
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Hera wrote:I think the out of county allocations at the boys school may well have been influenced by the number of children with a SEN statement, they had to allocate this year. They have admitted 14 children under this category which is unusual.
Not sure how SEN would make a difference to out of county allocation. I would have thought it unlikely that someone would get a named statement for one of these schools unless they lived fairly close by. Happy to stand corrected on this though as I don't know a lot about the SEN provision at these schools.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

If you have a SEN you can go to any school you want that provides the special educational needs you are deemed to require. WGSB has a very good reputation for educating boys with Aspergers and so they will get a large number applying under that criteria who have no requirement to be in county at all
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

I agree with what Mgnmum said.

When I accompanied DS2 to the transition course at WBGS for incoming Y7 boys with SEN, there were boys travelling from quite a long way away (e.g. Wembley) because it was the closest school that would be able to meet their needs.
Shar

Post by Shar »

*WP* as someone in the know I can tell you the bad allocation figures from Cherry Tree and Parkgate are down to people not wanting to put down Francis Combe but assuming that they would get Bushey Academy. It is quite obvious now that Bushey Acadamy has become too popular to include parts of North Watford anymore.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

3b1g wrote:for incoming Y7 boys with SEN, there were boys travelling from quite a long way away (e.g. Wembley) because it was the closest school that would be able to meet their needs.
So this year WGBS has allocated places to children from outside the catchment area?
3b1g

Post by 3b1g »

The transition course we attended was in the summer of 2013.