Tiffin Girls School - 2015 allocation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Osasco

Re: Tiffin Girls School - 2015 allocation

Post by Osasco »

They ought to inform those on waiting list their position on the list the same day they send out letters informing of outcome. That will enable parents make informed decision. There will be those who will reject TGS for Independent or other grammar. I pray and I am hopeful for you Matrix.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

I am certain Matrix that your DD will get TGS place in the first round from waiting list, just before or after Easter holidays. Good Luck.
Snowdaddy

Post by Snowdaddy »

Matrix wrote:Hello

We were disappointed not to be offered our first choice TGS and we are KT1 postcode. Many tears and emotions last night.

Our DD scored 54.21 out of 100.

I tried calling admissions to see where she is on the wait list but they can't say until April.

Do you think we have any chance? Its very sad to be so close and yet so far.

Thank you
Hi Matrix,
I think you will be ok, it usually seems to take about 3 weeks before they start moving down the list so don't expect anything to happen this week or next.

There are various reasons for the delay, some are slow rejecting if they are going to indies etc.
There may be one or two who have changed their minds since the CAF and having put another school higher, now want TGS as they got a pass score. They can also request to go on the waiting list (and if their score is higher will unfortunately be ahead of you). This can be annoying as you seem to move down rather than up the list. Schools like to process these requests before releasing the waiting list which is why they often withhold your position for a few days. Saves the admissions staff from being on receiving end of angry parent.

However my guess remains there will be some places in about 3 weeks and DD will be in.
Amsmum

Post by Amsmum »

Hello

Some of you are reporting that you got the scores of your children even though they did not get a place at Tiffin Girls. I'm wondering where you got this information from; via email, or by calling the school?

My child appeared for the 2nd stage test, and sadly was not offered TGS, which was her first choice, but no other information was provided.

Thank you
tennismum

Post by tennismum »

Hi All

Very excited to get TGS, our first choice.

We got 141 for VR/NV which is 21.71 scaled
29 for Maths, 10 scaled
21.5 reading, 19.28 scaled
15 writing, 14.06 scaled
65.05 total
We live in KT10. Anyone else who lives near and has a place please message me.

Thx for all the info on this forum. Been v helpful.
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Hi Amsmum - you should get a letter in the post with the detailed raw and scaled scores for each test. I think they send them out to everyone who took the second stage test. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.
cdcdcd

Post by cdcdcd »

Hello everyone,
My DD's score is 54.20 and Tiffin was her first choice.
Now she got offered a place at Nonsuch which was her second choice and we(parents) are pleased as it's nearer home.
But as Tiffin was her first choice, she is a little disappointed by the outcome.
As I understand, she will go on the waiting list for Tiffin and it might be a good chance that she will be offered a place there.
Do we still need to accept the offer at Nonsuch and wait for a few weeks to see what happens?
Or does it affect her chances of getting into Tiffin?
The problem is that we will be away in April, so we might not be able to respond quick enough to say whether we want to accept the place at Tiffin or not, if it happens.
How quickly do we need to answer to the additional offer?
Many thanks in advance.
Last edited by cdcdcd on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amsmum

Post by Amsmum »

Peridot wrote:Hi Amsmum - you should get a letter in the post with the detailed raw and scaled scores for each test. I think they send them out to everyone who took the second stage test. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.
Thank you.
tabasco

Post by tabasco »

cdcdcd wrote:Hello everyone,
My DD's score is 54.20 and Tiffin was her first choice.
Now she got offered a place at Nonsuch which was her second choice and we(parents) are pleased as it's nearer home.
But as Tiffin was her first choice, she is a little disappointed by the outcome.
As I understand, she will go on the waiting list for Tiffin and it might be a good chance that she will be offered a place there.
Do we still need to accept the offer at Nonsuch and wait for a few weeks to see what happens?
Or does it affect her chances of getting into Tiffin?
The problem is that we will be away in April, so we might not be able to respond quick enough to say whether we want to accept the place at Tiffin or not, if it happens.
How quickly do we need to answer to the additional offer?
Many thanks in advance.
You should accept the offer from Nonsuch first and wait for news from TGS waiting list. As long as TGS is a higher preference school on your DD's CAF she will automatically be put on the waiting list. Good Luck.
cdcdcd

Post by cdcdcd »

Thanks tabasco!
I will do that now.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now