Appeal and CI List

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mrs_HF

Appeal and CI List

Post by Mrs_HF »

Is it possible to stay on the CI list if you want to appeal?
Ess30

Re: Appeal and CI List

Post by Ess30 »

Yes - they are totally disconnected processes.

Appeal won't care where you are on CI list - and CI list won't be affected by appealing.
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

What would be seen to be acceptable grounds to appeal? It would be proximity to school - we have missed out by under 60 metres.
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Mrs_HF wrote:What would be seen to be acceptable grounds to appeal? It would be proximity to school - we have missed out by under 60 metres.
Was a mistake made in calculating your distance to the school?

Do you know someone who lives further away from the school who got a place (assuming they got the same or lower 11 plus mark or were allocated a place on distance)?
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

No I don't. Just waiting for the letter now to see how far on the CI list we are, near the top I hope, but likelihood of somebody declining a distance offer for Parmiters is pretty slim I guess.
Turboless

Post by Turboless »

I believe (someone might correct me) there could be more chance of appealing if you didn't receive any of the schools on your list and can show reasons why you cannot possibly go to the school that was chosen for you.
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

Turboless wrote:I believe (someone might correct me) there could be more chance of appealing if you didn't receive any of the schools on your list and can show reasons why you cannot possibly go to the school that was chosen for you.
Just as I thought really. We got Queens which was 3rd choice, which we have accepted, but would prefer Parmiters as it is so close.
Turboless

Post by Turboless »

We're in a similar position although DS has WBGS and says he's happy with it. He just missed out on score and distance for Parmiter's.

We're not looking to appeal (will wait on the CI and then decide if it happens) but even appeal I would think we'd stand no chance using distance as an appeal argument as Francis Combe is our closest school and they'd be far more likely to offer us that.
Mrs_HF

Post by Mrs_HF »

Never thought we would get into Queens so never really expected to be offered it. Like you we will go on CI list and see what happens.
Turboless

Post by Turboless »

Does anyone know if you accept a school (not your 1st choice) but also stay on the CI list and you then get your CI school does it automatically switch to you CI school or do you get to choose whether you want to switch to the new school.

e.g.

DS got his 2nd choice of WBGS
He's on the CI list for Parmiter's for both distance and academic
If we move up the CI list and get Parmiter's will we automatically switch or will we get asked if we want to switch?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now