anyone from aldridge got into camp hill girls?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
walsallmum

anyone from aldridge got into camp hill girls?

Post by walsallmum »

hi my cousin has just got into CHG

anyone else from around aldridge area going?

shes bugging me to find out
moseleymum

Re: anyone from aldridge got into camp hill girls?

Post by moseleymum »

Hi.

I'm not from Aldridge (clue's in the name, just like you :wink: ) but tell her not to worry.

One nice touch about CHG is how they get Parents together. During one of the initial meetings (for Parents, not girls), parents were grouped according to form, so you could meet the Mums and Dads of your daughters new classmates (I know it's not your daughter you're referring to but still).

Following this, there were a number of rooms with signs on of different areas e.g Kings Heath, Solihull, Wolverhampton etc. Parents were encouraged to go into the room according to where they lived to discuss issues with those from similar areas. It was a great way to get to know people in similar travel situations.
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

thanks a mill

its tough when nonoe is going from dc school and even though i m sure they make friends we still worry

ill let her know
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Aldridge to CHG is a long journey (although not 'un-doable').
Were they not interested in QMHS or KEHS.
I know someone who travels from Handsworth Wood to CHB & detests the journey so much that he wants out! A bit unfair for a 11 year old I think- but then it's horses for courses (I know of someone who travels from Derby to CHG daily)!!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Bob1892 wrote:Aldridge to CHG is a long journey (although not 'un-doable').
Were they not interested in QMHS or KEHS.
I know someone who travels from Handsworth Wood to CHB & detests the journey so much that he wants out! A bit unfair for a 11 year old I think- but then it's horses for courses (I know of someone who travels from Derby to CHG daily)!!
I agree with Bob's comments.

The green bus service school service 873 leaves Broadway North Walsall at 6.38 a.m. follows a convoluted route through West Bromwich Warley Harborne Edgbaston and arrives at the school for 8.00a.m.This is when there are no delays. You would have to travel from Aldridge. If doing journey by car it will be shorter but not much. At present huge traffic delays in the morning on the A34 and lane closures on the A38 leading to the M6 in the afternoon.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
walsallmum

Post by walsallmum »

thanks guys i will pass on message
her dd fell in love with CHG

we as parents need to make the overall judgement based on everything else i suppose
WindowGlass

Post by WindowGlass »

Wouldn't a train into Birmingham then bus out be quicker?
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Interested in what she loves about CHG that Sutton or Handsworth cannot offer. I hear as many negatives as positives about CHG and live fairly local to it. Just interested.
um

Post by um »

The bus from Bham centre to CH (no.50) is a very slow one...traffic is awful.
The 35 is slightly better but not as regular.
I know some boys from CHB arrive at New Street from various locations and share a taxi.
There is actually an old train station right next to CH...the old Kings Heath/Moseley line. There have been calls to bring this line back into use (it is still used for goods trains) and that would make commuting a lot easier...not just for those attending CH schools but also those living in Kings Heath and Moseley who don't have a train line!
Jazz-UK

Post by Jazz-UK »

rabbie burns wrote:Interested in what she loves about CHG that Sutton or Handsworth cannot offer. I hear as many negatives as positives about CHG and live fairly local to it. Just interested.
We thought Handsworth had a much nicer feel to it than CHG.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now