Bournemouth School Test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thescribe

Bournemouth School Test

Post by thescribe »

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone will correct me if I'm wrong!

I understood that last year the VR paper was dropped and the papers were maths and English. I've heard a whisper that this year Bournemouth and Poole Grammars are doing a 'joint' entrance exam - rather than each their own as before - and that now the VR paper is coming back. (For 2015 sitting for 2016 entry).

I can't see this on Bournemouth School's website and wondered if anyone had any knowledge?

Also Poole Grammar has historically been easier to get into as the scores needed have been lower. With this new development, if it's correct, does that mean that Poole's threshold will go up or Bournemouth's will go down?

Confused! :|
bumblebee

Re: Bournemouth School Test

Post by bumblebee »

If you look again at the admissions page on the website and scroll down you will see a consultation criteria for 2016 which contains the following paragraph. so you may be right. I dont think it will mean a lowering or highering of standards for either school as pass marks could still be different for each. Dont know though.

Only boys who attain the required standards in the prescribed arrangements for selection by
reference to high ability and aptitude will be eligible to be considered for admission to the school.
Selection is by means of entrance tests other than for the sixth form for which the entry
requirement is stated below. Boys are eligible to be considered for admission to Bournemouth
School in Year 7 if they meet the required standard in the tests used and administered by the local
selective schools. There is one set of selection tests for Bournemouth School, Bournemouth
School for Girls, Parkstone Grammar School, and Poole Grammar School (the “Consortium”). This
will save children whose parents wish to be considered for admission to more than one selective
school in the Consortium from taking multiple tests for those schools.[/color][/color] Whilst the testing
procedures are shared, each school is its own admissions authority (with its own admissions policy
and over-subscription criteria)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now