GCSE Results by school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
NanoNano

GCSE Results by school

Post by NanoNano »

I know this might sound off-topic, but does anyone know where I can find a breakdown, by school, of recent GCSE results. Two of the schools I am looking at give that information freely on their websites, but the other one doesn't. I am thinking the information must be out there but all I can find is the general breakdown of A-C, A-E, etc.

I am looking for a figure to see how many pupils achieved A or B or C etc (which 2 of the schools publish as I say).

Any help would be appreciated as. Thanks
Guest55

Re: GCSE Results by school

Post by Guest55 »

Do you mean subject by subject? It should be in their prospectus.

Do be aware that some schools have different entries policies ie withdraw any students unlikely to get a grade C. Raw results don't rreally tell you much as the baseline of the students will be different.
NanoNano

Post by NanoNano »

Yes I do mean subject by subject I guess. Two of the schools have them in their prospectus showing the number of children that passed with an A, B, etc... but the school I think is the best fit doesn't seem to give that data, just tells me that Anna got 5 As, Betty got 4 s and a B :-(

I do understand that schools don't put kids in for exams unless they are going to pass (curse these league tables) but I am just trying to compare like for like and am sure the info must be published somewhere but no amount of googling is helping me.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why don't you call the school and ask them for their prospectus and a copy of their results?
Eccentric

Post by Eccentric »

Guest55 wrote:Do you mean subject by subject? It should be in their prospectus.

Do be aware that some schools have different entries policies ie withdraw any students unlikely to get a grade C. Raw results don't rreally tell you much as the baseline of the students will be different.
Is that the selective schools that withdraw pupils unlikely to get a C? I have been told by a friend who teaches in a comp down the road from an extremely selective indie that they enter students in the comp for their exams if they are not going to achieve a high enough result. Good for the comp because they get a C but that would not be good enough for th results table of the A*-A achieving indie.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now