Walsall registration open for 2016

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thirdtimemum

Walsall registration open for 2016

Post by thirdtimemum »

Oh my goodness the process has started!! I've just seen that the examination registration forms are now available for 2016 so it's all now becoming very real. First time of going through this process and I'm dreading it already. Less than 4 months to the exam....
walsallmum

Re: Walsall registration open for 2016

Post by walsallmum »

dont worry firsttime mum. I was a firsttime mum last year and have had a long hard journey but we got there in the end. expect lots of sleepless nights and stress. you and your dc will do fab.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Firsttimemum wrote:Oh my goodness the process has started!! I've just seen that the examination registration forms are now available for 2016 so it's all now becoming very real. First time of going through this process and I'm dreading it already. Less than 4 months to the exam....
The time will fly.......................................................

If you have other children you will be able to change your name to "Secondtimemum".
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

While the form to register for the exam is easily findable and downloadable from the Queen Mary's High School website http://www.qmhs.org.uk/images/stories/S ... 6_2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the Queen Mary's Grammar School website doesn't seem to have it on.

In fact their 'admissions policy' section states: The School’s admissions policy (referred to as the Admissions Arrangements) for entry to the School in September 2014 are shown in the document below. The policy for entry in September 2015 is still subject to Local Authority consultation and will be published at the end of April 2014.

so, although QMGS is undoubtedly a great school, they could do with updating this and providing the form on their website.

It seems that parents will either need to pick up a form at the open evening on 18th March, or email the school on postbox@qmgs.walsall.sch.uk for one.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

um wrote:While the form to register for the exam is easily findable and downloadable from the Queen Mary's High School website http://www.qmhs.org.uk/images/stories/S ... 6_2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the Queen Mary's Grammar School website doesn't seem to have it on.
I checked today if you click on registration form further down the page it comes up maybe someone was reading the thread or passaged the message on.http://www.qmgs.walsall.sch.uk/_content ... n_form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
um

Post by um »

Yes - I spotted it too this afternoon :wink: - maybe someone is reading this :lol:
thirdtimemum

Post by thirdtimemum »

Printed mine off and got my ds photos done yesterday too. I need to get it sent off as otherwise it will forever be in my mental to do list and I'll have dreams of missing the deadline lol....
Hajra

Post by Hajra »

First time round for us too- it's becoming real now !
moseleymum

Post by moseleymum »

Firsttimemum wrote:Printed mine off and got my ds photos done yesterday too. I need to get it sent off as otherwise it will forever be in my mental to do list and I'll have dreams of missing the deadline lol....

Last year I went along to to the Open Evening (it's on 18th March this year) with my DS's photos and a Pritt stick! They had a table with lots of application forms on it, I took one and filled it in, stuck the photo on and handed it in straight away!

I always hand deliver school applications (did the same for the Birmingham Consortium) so I don't worry about whether or not they've received it!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now