New St Clement danes parents; anyone from Harrow

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
vasu

New St Clement danes parents; anyone from Harrow

Post by vasu »

We are the new SCD parents. We can't wait for the year 7 to start. I was wondering if there are any children from Harrow going to SCD? Are you taking the coach or tube? It would be really great to connect. Any pointers from current SCD parents would be greatly appreciated.
Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.
decaff

Re: New St Clement danes parents; anyone from Harrow

Post by decaff »

Is there a coach from Harrow?
vasu

Post by vasu »

There is a coach from Carpenters park. I live in Hatch End so just a tube stop from Hatch End station.
Hera

Post by Hera »

It is a long walk from the tube station to the school so the coach may be a good option to begin with until your DS can work out how other kids travel.
decaff

Post by decaff »

I gather there are a lot of children that do use the tube but perhaps not a good idea after extra school activities when it may be dark in winter as its a walk along the common.
hamscd

Post by hamscd »

Congrats and welcome to SCD, a brilliant school and am sure you will be delighted with your choice. My son used to travel by coach from carpenders park in his first year but the whole of this year (including winter term) he has only travelled by public transport. He also stays for after school club and so far has had no problems.

Public transport is quicker than the coach. From our house it only takes him approx. 45 minutes.

Hamid
vasu

Post by vasu »

hamscd wrote:Congrats and welcome to SCD, a brilliant school and am sure you will be delighted with your choice. My son used to travel by coach from carpenders park in his first year but the whole of this year (including winter term) he has only travelled by public transport. He also stays for after school club and so far has had no problems.

Public transport is quicker than the coach. From our house it only takes him approx. 45 minutes.

Hamid
Thank you so much for your reply. I think I will follow your suit and let ds go by coach in year 7 and then when he goes in higher class then travel by tube.
arup

Post by arup »

one more added to the list from Harrow to SCD!

DS just got an offer from SCD..

Can we catch up Vasu/Hamid? Just to learn from your experiences about SCD...