SHSB letter

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

missymoo1972

SHSB letter

Post by missymoo1972 »

Has anyone had a letter from the school yet? Just wondered on dates and kit lists etc!! Thanks x
ToadMum

Re: SHSB letter

Post by ToadMum »

If you are desperate to get going with the non-house-specific kit, the uniform regs are on the website somewhere in the Information for You section -

http://www.shsb.org.uk/page/?title=Uniform&pid=31

Black is the most popular colour of jumper - BHS do much nicer ones than the uniform shops; theirs are thinner and softer and fit better under the blazer. Shirts can be long or short sleeved.

In terms of games kit, apart form the rugby shirt and vest which are in house colours, you will need white shadow-stripe shorts, white ankle-length sports socks and school rugby / hockey / football socks, also indoor non-marking-soles trainers. outdoor trainers, rugby / football boots, shin pads and gum shield. 'Skins' may be allowed - not back in DS1's day and DS2 isn't keen enough on sport to find out - but check first. Certainly no-one can remember it ever having been cold enough for the PE staff to give permission for tracksuit bottoms to be worn [and DS1 was there in the lovely snowy winters of 2008-9 etc :lol: ].

In terms of the suppliers, Paul's is cheerful and busy and handy for any other shopping as it's right in Southend; Danielle's is cheerful and quieter but not much good for other shopping as it's tucked away in a rather isolated part of Rochford with not much more than the library and the Co-Op to keep it company. Parking is free in the latter's underground car-park, though.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Thank you for your help it's much appreciated. It was mainly key dates I wanted to know and I keep reading you have to reply with your acceptance (from other people in other grammar schools) so was worried it was lost in the post! X
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

I haven't had an SHSB letter either, missymoo, so don't worry! I don't think they can have sent anything out yet. Plenty of time!
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

We've now received the info pack! :D
missymoo1972

Post by missymoo1972 »

Yes me too! Just wanted to get dates in diary. Is your son going to do the summer school? We don't break up till the wed so he'll miss the first day. X
FlightyRachel

Post by FlightyRachel »

It's exciting isn't it! I expect he will be invited to the out of catchment day too so that will be another date for the diary! He doesn't really fancy the summer school, and I'm quite glad, it's a lot of days and I love having them with me in the holidays!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now