what type of pens/pencils can they take into test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ergo

what type of pens/pencils can they take into test

Post by ergo »

Just trying again in Kent for answer to possibly silly question. My daughter received info from county stating to take pen, pencil, rubber and ruler into test. She wondered if ink erasers are allowed and what pen to take,i.e. fountain, biro or berol? It may be a silly question but she is now becoming anxious and I wondered if anyone here knew answer. She takes practice test on 5th and real thing on 12th. Any help welcome.
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Ergo - it sounds that, like us, you're doing the kent test as out-of-county applicants. In which case, I suggest you ring the number on the letter you will have had - I've found them incredibly helpful and I'm sure they'll be able to answer your question. Personally, I was just going to send my son in with a berol (which is what he uses at school) and a biro.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I would also suggest a nice sharp HB pencil.

The answer sheets are mutliple choice,read by computer, one stroke across the answer , if they have made a mistake they need to be able to rub out the original answer and mark again.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Our advice from the out - of -county test my daughter sat in November was: pen (for english exercise), pencil, ruler and rubber (for others). I did send in several pencils in case they broke and advised my daughter to immediately put up her hand if there was a problem with any pencil or pen. I put everything in a clear plastic sandwich bag with her name in.

When we arrived at the test, the invilators asked my daughter to remove her watch even though it was a quartz analogue (not digital or calculator)!

Good Luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now