Appeal Organisation

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Me2010

Appeal Organisation

Post by Me2010 »

Hi, I am wondering whether to enlist the help of one of these 11+ appeal organisations. I know we won't be able to mention any names but of course please do PM me if anyone has used one of these companies and I would be grateful to know whether they helped or whether anyone thinks it is even necessary. There stats say that only 25% of appeals are successful but usually they have a success rate of 70% +. I have googled a lot about appeals and I am slightly overwhelmed about how much information I am going to need to submit and about being grilled by a panel.
Many thanks
tigger2

Re: Appeal Organisation

Post by tigger2 »

Hi

I really don't think that it necessary to pay for someone to help you ,unless perhaps you have a very tricky SEN case. When all is said and done you know your dc best and why they need the school you are appealing for. There is so much advice and support on this forum to enable you to form a great appeal statement yourself and you will be given advice on what evidence you should submit to support your case.

If you want to post some details about your case you can quickly get some free advice to start you off.

Tigger
Moderators

Post by Moderators »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeals/general#a11" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Me2010

Post by Me2010 »

Thank you for your replies and for the PMs. I have looked through the thread above and will do the appeal myself even though it does seem a task and a half!
Me2010

Post by Me2010 »

One more question?

Are there different panels for different schools or if one is appealing for two different schools is there a chance of coming up against the same panel?
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Me2010 wrote:One more question?
Are there different panels for different schools or if one is appealing for two different schools is there a chance of coming up against the same panel?
It varies!

For example, an academy might arrange for its own appeal panel, or it might 'buy in' an LA panel.
If several local academies use an LA panel, you might come across the same panel members - but not necessarily, because the LA probably has a large pool of members from which to choose each time.

A panel member who hears appeals for the LA might also hear appeals for an academy that makes its own arrangements.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... school#c23" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now