Wallington Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Tee1

Wallington Girls

Post by Tee1 »

My DD scored 545 in the wallington exams. The cut off mark was 548. She is now on the waiting list. We do not live in the catchment area. Based on previous years does any one know of the likelihood of been selected.

Thanks
Gringo64

Re: Wallington Girls

Post by Gringo64 »

Would the school be able to tell you?
Tee1

Post by Tee1 »

I have been unable to speak to anyone on the phone. Will try next week
Gringo64

Post by Gringo64 »

It looks to me like you are in a very good position, as you are so close to the cut-off mark, but the school must be able to give you a better idea about where you are on the waiting list and how far down the waiting list they normally go each year.
spoon123

Post by spoon123 »

I would say you have very high chances, remember you cannot compare this to last year. With English subject this time... as opposed to Maths and Verbal last year...I don't reckon many students will be on the same score . Plus if I remember correctly Nonsuch max standardised score ws 407... but I think top 85 cut off is 325 or something similar..which puts things in perspective

I am sure the school will be able to advise your daughter's position on waiting list may be in few weeks time.
Good Luck
Tee1

Post by Tee1 »

Many Thanks for all your answers
Nara

Post by Nara »

I rang Wallington today and they say that the waiting list positions will be available after Monday, 23...Initially the letter stated that after 19 March...Did anyone know the position already?
Tee1

Post by Tee1 »

Got email today and she is 14 on waiting list for out of catchment. I think there are 2 waiting lists
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Yes, there would be 3 waiting lists. Open places, 6.7 km catchment and the 6 km catchment ones.

Hope you get the good news soon. Good Luck.
Nara

Post by Nara »

I just called the school and they said that positions will be available after 16 April..Also sent email, hope to get something soon.