YELLOW BUS from Solihull To Sutton Coldfield Grammar school

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
destiny

YELLOW BUS from Solihull To Sutton Coldfield Grammar school

Post by destiny »

Our DD starts at Sutton Coldfield Grammar school for Girls, Birmingham, in September 2015. She will be travelling from Solihull. Is there anyone else in this position?

What is your experience of the yellow bus service?

Is it reliable?

Where are the stops?

Are there alternative ways of travelling to the school?

PLEASE HELP.
Javed Akhtar

Re: YELLOW BUS from Solihull To Sutton Coldfield Grammar sch

Post by Javed Akhtar »

Dear Parents,

I understand the web address link in the email reads correctly but is hyperlinking to another route. The web address is correct, please click on this following URL for the SOUTH S1 Route.

http://yellowbus.org.uk/scgss1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The above link is hyperlinking correctly.

Regards,

Mohammed Rashid

SOUTH: S1
http://yellowbus.org.uk/scgss1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rabbie burns

Post by rabbie burns »

Train to moor street and then cross city line from new street to Wilde green.
um

Post by um »

Getting from Solihull to Sutton Coldfield Girls by train is not a journey I would want to do myself twice a day by train...it would be exhausting.
Yes, get to Solihull station, then take train to Moor Street - would take at least 25 minutes I presume.
Then walk across the city centre to New Street and get to the platform for Sutton Coldfield. Another 30 minutes on the train?
Then take train to Wylde Green and it's still a fair walk from Wylde Green or Sutton Coldfield station to the girls' school.
Same on the way back...but dark and cold and wet in winter.
I think it is a good idea to have some sort of bus or shared-lifts service from East Birmingham and Solihull.
Bishop Vesey's is easier, being only minutes from the station.
For those on the Northfield/University line, the Sutton Coldfield schools are a very viable commute as it is a straight train line all the way to Sutton Coldfield.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

um wrote:Getting from Solihull to Sutton Coldfield Girls by train is not a journey I would want to do myself twice a day by train...it would be exhausting.
Yes, get to Solihull station, then take train to Moor Street - would take at least 25 minutes I presume.
Then walk across the city centre to New Street and get to the platform for Sutton Coldfield. Another 30 minutes on the train?
Then take train to Wylde Green and it's still a fair walk from Wylde Green or Sutton Coldfield station to the girls' school.
I think it is a good idea to have some sort of bus or shared-lifts service from East Birmingham and Solihull.
For those on the Northfield/University line, the Sutton Coldfield schools are a very viable commute as it is a straight train line all the way to Sutton Coldfield.
Your comments speak for themselves.

We are talking about 11 year olds making the journey on a daily basis.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
destiny

Post by destiny »

um wrote:Getting from Solihull to Sutton Coldfield Girls by train is not a journey I would want to do myself twice a day by train...it would be exhausting.
Absolutely agree we need a service that is reliable and is sustainable. It should really also be non profit making and ideally run by parents for parents...don't mind who organises it.
scgsdad

Post by scgsdad »

We have used the service since last year and despite some initial teething issues in the first half term the route is now settled and runs smoothly. DD is happy and we are happy.

The actual route with stops can be found at http://www.yellowbus.org.uk/newse1.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I asked if it was ok to put the route up here as this is normally supplied only to registered parents and was told it was fine, so done in the interests of helping out parents who want to know the exact stops.

Hope this is helpful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now