Mock Exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Godfather

Mock Exams

Post by Godfather »

Hi,

I am new to all this - we have done a lot prep; when is the best time to register for a Mock Exams....I just want to make sure I get my monies worth.

also want to make sure doesn't harm confidence
MerlinFromCamelot

Re: Mock Exams

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

I would think twice about mock tests.. They are usually a lot harder than the real thing. The cente can then offer their services to fix the problem and if the child passes the centre did well and if the child does not pass they can say he/she was already weak as shown in the test. I know someone who's DS had taken 2 mocks last summer and performed really badly... He passed both Bexley and Kent and had a high enough score for St Olaves. If you are going down that route suggest you do your homework and choose carefully.

Good luck :-)
parent2013

Post by parent2013 »

I echo your comments. Just go for mocks to learn the exam like ambience and not for test scores.
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

I have found a place where they do cheap mock exams. I have found it increadibly useful....even just instill confidence, honing exam technique, dealing with silly mistakes. Once we do a couple of these we plan to go to harrow and do one the fptp mock exams
agathachristie

Post by agathachristie »

Godfather wrote:Hi,

I am new to all this - we have done a lot prep; when is the best time to register for a Mock Exams....I just want to make sure I get my monies worth.

also want to make sure doesn't harm confidence
Sutton mocks are worth considering and very close to the real thing. This year Wallington County Grammar PFA are also offering mocks.
Goodluck
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

Are they cem?
MerlinFromCamelot

Post by MerlinFromCamelot »

It will be difficult to find a mock test that is close to the Bexley one. CEM can change the test every year so nobody knows for sure what will come up. It is all guess work. Think the best option is to practise widely.
mumsdarling2

Post by mumsdarling2 »

dwisdom wrote:I have found a place where they do cheap mock exams. I have found it increadibly useful....even just instill confidence, honing exam technique, dealing with silly mistakes. Once we do a couple of these we plan to go to harrow and do one the fptp mock exams
dwisdom - would you mind sharing this mock exam provider as I am looking for one for my DC. They all seem so expensive and provide hardly any feedback at all. Many Thanks.
dwisdom

Post by dwisdom »

will PM you
RSA

Post by RSA »

Please also PM me - I am self tutoring and would like some feedback on the weak points