St. Clement Danes School - Continued Interest List Movement

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
arup

St. Clement Danes School - Continued Interest List Movement

Post by arup »

Hello,

Please direct me to right link if I can find my answer on the forum else if someone can reply please!

What is the likelihood of getting a place at St. Clement Danes for 35th (academic) on the continued Interest list?

Does anyone have past/historical information on Continued Interest movement?

Thanks..
WP

Re: St. Clement Danes School - Continued Interest List Movem

Post by WP »

The admissions statistics sticky at the top of this section shows the changes in cutoffs between March and September for recent years, which should give some idea.
arup

Post by arup »

Thanks for the reply. I did see sticky note and found that for year 2014 cut off moved from 252 to 243 between March and September. For year 2015 the lowest score offered place in March is 248 which is difference of 4 compared to last year. If I consider above facts - then the cut off should move from 248 to 239.

so I am hopeful that we could just be on border line of being offered a place...My DS has got 239 score...

I was wondering if any parents have gone through similar thing in the past and have kept movement updated e.g. movement from 44 to 32 to 20 to ... until place was offered...Just wanted to know if it is realistic to wait for place to be offered been at 35 on the list..

Fingers crossed..

Thanks.
Mgnmum

Post by Mgnmum »

35 places is really quite a lot. you have to think where those 35 children are going to go instead. Although the score can move a bit I agree places moved are more useful. All I can tell you is that my dd 2 years ago got into WGSG from place 9 on the academic continuining interest list after the 2nd run, so end of april. Last year though there was less movement I think.
arup

Post by arup »

thanks everyone on the forum....

Just to update members of the forum - thought this will be useful to other parents -

My DS was 35th on the waiting list on allocation day. As of last week, Continued Interest list first movement shows my DS has moved from 35th to now 5th on the list. Hoping to clear and getting an offer from SCD!

Regards,
Atul..
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Wow, Thirty places, that is huge movement. There are only twenty places. Great news you are fifth. DG
Turboless

Re: St. Clement Danes Schoo l - Continued Interest List Move

Post by Turboless »

Wow 30 places at St Clement Danes and 22 places at Parmiter's.

I'm thinking more and more of the private school kids are using the exams as a practice / mock to get the children used to sitting in exam conditions.
noonynunu

Re: St. Clement Danes Schoo l - Continued Interest List Move

Post by noonynunu »

Turboless wrote:Wow 30 places at St Clement Danes and 22 places at Parmiter's.

I'm thinking more and more of the private school kids are using the exams as a practice / mock to get the children used to sitting in exam conditions.
I wonder if the level of movement is due to SCD being a back up opion for some Bucks children and Parmiters being a back up option for some children looking at DAO, QE etc.?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

There is no overlap between Parmiters and DAO or Latymer catchment so the only impact would be the three outer catchment area places. There is likely to be a link between the QE waiting list and those holding consortium places.

I also think we are seeing 11 plus tourism and the consortium exam is being used as a mock and backup for private school exams.

But it is still a really huge jump. DG
noonynunu

Post by noonynunu »

Daogroupie wrote:There is no overlap between Parmiters and DAO
So who was your post - DAO and the Watfords clash for the third year in a row. But if you reguest first session for DAO and pm session for Watfords it can be done. DG - aimed at then?