Best non grammar in the tonbridge/TW area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pushydaddy

Best non grammar in the tonbridge/TW area

Post by pushydaddy »

Hello

DD1 has an OOC place at TGS (yay!) so we're looking at relocating down to kent, asap.

DD2 is less academic, less competitive and we may not actually want take her down the tutoring/11+ route. If that is the case, what non grammar schools nearish to Tonbridge/TW are considered the best? Any info welcome, via PM or on the forum.

thanks
PurpleDog

Re: Best non grammar in the tonbridge/TW area

Post by PurpleDog »

Hi there,

We are in a similar position to you - DD1 has a TGS OOC offer and is very excited.

DD2 is bright but less motivated so not sure she stands much of a chance of TGS.

Have you considered Weald of Kent as an alternative as she would only have to pass the 11+ not achieve a superselective score and the catchment area stretches quite a long way?
It is also a less academic and competitive environment which I think would suit our DD2 better.

Whereabouts are you based? We are in East Sussex and on the edge of Weald of Kent catchment so it's touch and go as to whether she would get in there.
We are looking at independent school scholarships as an alternative.

Bennett school has a very good reputation if you qualify. (unfortunately we don't)

Feel free to PM me if you want to.
hempsteadlad

Post by hempsteadlad »

pushydaddy wrote:Hello

DD1 has an OOC place at TGS (yay!) so we're looking at relocating down to kent, asap.

DD2 is less academic, less competitive and we may not actually want take her down the tutoring/11+ route. If that is the case, what non grammar schools nearish to Tonbridge/TW are considered the best? Any info welcome, via PM or on the forum.

thanks
Best non selective is Bennett but you need strong church membership. After that skinners kent academy has really turned around. Rumour has it they are inundated with appeals. Friend of mine is appealing and was told that there were over 40 appeals yesterday.
soulful

Post by soulful »

I would also consider Hillview.
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I was also thinking of hillview.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now