Looking for a tutor? This one may have a few spare places!!

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Yamin151

Looking for a tutor? This one may have a few spare places!!

Post by Yamin151 »

Warning, selacious news story enclosed!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chool.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
tiffinboys

Re: Looking for a tutor? This one may have a few spare place

Post by tiffinboys »

:lol:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

[quote="Yamin151"]Warning, selacious news story enclosed!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... chool.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/quote]

I know I shouldn't have had this thought, but do you think that some folk will assume from this that a PSE section is imminently to be included in the Birmingham 11+??
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

:lol: :)
um

Post by um »

I actually feel really sorry for the school, which from what I have heard is a good one.

The media is appearing to suggest that the school is at fault here and are unnecessarily overblowing the 'Catholic' part as if that should demonstrate hypocrisy ... but in reality this tutor was not a member of their staff but hired some classrooms and was in a part of the building where he was not supposed to be. He was found and the school took action immediately. Not sure what else they could have done.

Seems to be a bit of a theme in Birmingham at the moment though...not long ago the Chair and Headteacher of a large secondary state school were found....ahem....together...and have both had to resign.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Bit of a theme in Birmingham??!?

Lol, how very dare you! You make it sound like midsummer murders!!

No, know there is completely serious side to this story, but had decided the forum needed a little humour for a Saturday, for those interested, so was being a little irreverent. Sometimes there is a funny side to news stories, at least for those not concerned. Hard to find that with many of the stories in the news at the moment of course.......
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

I was more shocked they hired rooms out to him for him to tutor the 11+. :lol: