Experiences of celebrities good or bad?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
quasimodo

Experiences of celebrities good or bad?

Post by quasimodo »

Yesterday my extended family were celebrating my youngest brothers 50th birthday in "The Plough" in Harborne High Street in Birmingham.It had been a very pleasant afternoon but when leaving the children had spotted a celebrity arriving who happily posed for pictures and indeed took the phones off them and clicked a number of selfies with them .He was very pleasant and charming, considering how many times he must do this.The children were able to post them on snap chat, twitter and other social media sites.The children had met "Dynamo".The whole afternoon was elevated by our positive experiences with him the children couldn't contain the buzz.

Unfortunately we will have to wait for the TVshows for his magic.His personality certainly was magic.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
doodles

Re: Experiences of celebrities good or bad?

Post by doodles »

That's nice to hear Quasi. Good to hear of a celeb appreciating the people that made him just that.
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Always think that whilst this kind of generosity of time is fab, and well done him, its a bit harsh if we were to say anything less wasn't good (not that you were). If you are famous in whatever capacity I guess you must expect some notoriety and people asking for autographs, pics etc, especially if your fame is based on being well known, i.e. not because you've discovered a wonderful thing and have become famous as a result (after all, you have not asked for that fame). However, everyone deserves some privacy or at least some time off from being a celeb. In short, I guess I understand a celeb giving a big smile, a hello but then moving on without pics or autographs, as that is friendly but understandably not engaging.
doodles

Post by doodles »

True Yamin. What I can't stand is celebs who get pouty and stroppy when their privacy is invaded but, oh, they just happened to be strutting down the street "saying" look at me!! :D :D
Yamin151

Post by Yamin151 »

Yes, that really bugs me too!

Julian Cleary stalked past me with his nose in the air, in full tranny get up, I wasn't very impressed!
pinkhousemom

Post by pinkhousemom »

I recently met Lewis Hamilton and he seemed a very nice man. Just like you, Q, he took my phone and took a selfie with me. I had a great day!
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

I once had a pizza with* Frank Skinner in an Italian restaurant on Harborne High Street, Q - clearly its the place to dine with celebs in the West Midlands :lol:

JD

* Ok, he was sat 2 tables away from us!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Dining might be the wrong word but I recall when Dwight Yorke used to come and hang around the bar in TGI Fridays in his Villa days. Never actually spoke to him. Similarly seeing Nigel Kennedy at the Villa (again never speaking to him) I have always been a Liverpool fan but would attend games at the Villa with my brother in law who was a Villa fan.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

DD still talks about the time Tim Minchin passed her a Caprisun drink in a cafe. :lol: We were in Legoland at the time and sitting round a table next to us were "Reeves and Mortimer" and Tim Minchin with their families. My mum was in the queue and Tim Minchin was behind her and I asked mum to get the drink but she was a bit befuddled and so Tim took the drink out of the fridge and passed it over. We said our thanks but nothing more - they looked like they were having a nice family day out like the rest of us.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

When DD was in a pushchair I took her on a trip to London. At the time we had one of those 'lead' things so we could be connected by the wrist in the crowds. We fought the Tube and I managed to get 'lead', child and pushchair completely entangled just before leaving the train.

My confusion was compounded when I realised we were sitting next to Victoria Wood! However, she was lovely. She didn't say anything but simply helped me get the tangled mess on to the platform safely!

I often wondered if we subsequently appeared in any of her sketches... :oops:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now