school transfers within and outside council ?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JIT

school transfers within and outside council ?

Post by JIT »

Hi All,
I was thinking if there can be a transfer done from kent grammar school to bexley grammar schools ? My daughter is going to be in year 8 . She don't like the school.
We were not deemed selective for bexley grammar but were selective in kent grammar.
Or when and how is the transfer possible ? between the schools in same council or other councils ?
Thanks very much
Guest55

Re: school transfers within and outside council ?

Post by Guest55 »

She would need to sit an entrance test first.
JIT

Post by JIT »

Thanks Guest55
Not sure which exam are you talking ? We already gave 11 plus and got admit in kent grammar school.
can anybody please shed some light here
thanks
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I suspect you need to take a test for the school you are interested in. The fact you have already sat elsewhere usually counts for nothing.

However I don't know if this applies, and you need to check or wait for someone who has knowledge of Bexley schools to reply.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

If you want to transfer to a Bexley school she will need to sit a test; you cannot transfer 11+ passes between LAs.
JIT

Post by JIT »

Thanks Guest55
Can you please tell me which exam do we need to sit ? Also is it possible to transfer between LA's ?
thanks
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

JIT wrote:Thanks Guest55
Not sure which exam are you talking ? We already gave 11 plus and got admit in kent grammar school.
can anybody please shed some light here
thanks
Have a look at the websites for the schools that she would like to transfer to - you are looking for 'In-year admissions' or something similar. This will tell you the procedure for applying for a place at the school in question outside the normal admission rounds of year 7 and year 12.

Unfortunately, some areas do not allow candidates who failed the 11+ to try again for a place until year 12, I believe - but if this applies, it will be stated clearly in the school's admissions procedure.

When you say she doesn't like the school, though, what exactly doesn't she like about it? Other schools may be more similar than they are different, if you see what I mean.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

some info about it here : http://www.bexleygs.co.uk/uploads/asset ... -notes.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JIT

Post by JIT »

Wow this is great. so as per document

Please note, if your child was deemed non-selective
in the Year 6 selection test you cannot apply to resit
the test until the summer term of year 7

my daughter should be able to sit in the exam this summer. Shall i directly contact the school's in this regards or have to go through bexley council ?
We would like our daughter to be in a co head school instead of girls only and moreover its a lot of travelling for her.
thanks
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

I think you have to enquire with the school you are interested in directly. You also need to know if there is a space available to take your dd.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now