11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Last1973

Any thoughts on news about fort pitt

Post by Last1973 »

Merging academies
jdwarwick

Re: Any thoughts on news about fort pitt

Post by jdwarwick »

Lol it's the trusts merging not the schools, there will be no change to FP. There are two other schools in their trust at the minute and it hasn't impacted on my dd's education. It's a great school.
jd :)
tiredmum

Post by tiredmum »

I don't know about merging but I have had a daughter pass thru fort pit and one finishing rochester grammar. I would choose rochester grammar every time. It can be pressurised at times but the care there is a lot better. My daughter who went to fort pitt was dreadfully unhappy and left after her gcse.s at the end of year ten. She wishes she had chosen rochester grammar. Of course this may have changed and all children are individual. Indeed my daughter who is at rochester intends to stay on and do her A levels there. She has some friends from fort pitt that are keen to leave.
Last1973

Post by Last1973 »

Hi tiredmum
Thanks for reply.
What is rgs like for after school clubs and sports.
My daughter loves maths, art and sport.
Of course we gotta pass 1st but looking and thinking about different schools is very stressfull
Thanks
emmajane1

Post by emmajane1 »

my fp y11 daughter is also leaving as is the head who is retiring.

the a level options are more limited - she can't do the subject she wants. she has done fairly well at f p but we still may send younger one to rgs . there have been problems with the quality of science teaching all through school and the younger dd who takes the test in sept is science mad.