WHSG waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

flumper

WHSG waiting list

Post by flumper »

just wondering if anybody had any news from Wally Girls on waiting list - is there any movement there? Would be interested to hear if anyone has any news, good or not so good.

My DD is now no 45 (before Easter was No 52) on the waiting list so I don't anticipate her being offered a place. TBH not sure if we'd take it anyway as we have accepted our 2nd choice and feel it's important to DD to have security about where she's going. But still interested to see how far the waiting list is moving.
Bestmumintheworld

Re: WHSG waiting list

Post by Bestmumintheworld »

Dear Flumber

I think you have a chance, I think you will find things start moving a bit more once the school gets the official list from the councils as to who has accepted a place or not.

My advice would be not too stake your life on an offer, so to speak, but hope for the best. :D
Last edited by Bestmumintheworld on Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tee1

Post by Tee1 »

My DD is 8 on waiting list for out of catchment. She originally was on 14 last month. There are three waiting lists. Not sure of the possibility of getting in
indian-mum

Post by indian-mum »

Bestmumintheworld wrote:Dear Flumber

I think you have a chance, I did a search and last year someone called Buddy posted that they got an offer in late June and they were 38th on the list. WHSG will probably have made offers after that date too.

You will find things start moving a bit more once the school gets the official list from the councils as to who has accepted a place or not.

My advice would be not too stake your life on an offer, so to speak, but hope for the best. :D

Buddy
Post subject: Re: Waiting lists
Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:57 pm
Replies: 124
Views: 13337
Really shocked. DD was 38th on WHSG list. Received letter today confirming a place. Apparently they have added an extra class. She has accepted a place at SHSG but will give place up as WHSG is nearer.

i think this different WHSG (Westcliff Highschool for girls in Essex).
Nara

Post by Nara »

My daughter is number 12 on the in catchment waiting list....do not think that in catchment list will move so far((

One thing is interesting about my daughter - she is also number 12 on Nonsuch in catchment waiting list too...
Bestmumintheworld

Post by Bestmumintheworld »

Hi there

Thanks for that Indian-Mum, I wonder how many other schools have the same initials.

I think both Tee1 and Nara are in good positions for an offer.

Nara suppose you got an offer from both? Which would you take?

I know its awful wondering and waiting. Sods Law that you buy a school uniform for the school you have an offer for and then a week later you get offered a place somewhere else. :roll: What ever you do, don't take the labels off straight away.

All the best, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you all. Wally Girls is such a great school.
Nara

Post by Nara »

thank you bestmumintheworld!

My daughter decided to put Wallington first and Nonsuch second in the CAF and she feels that she performed better at Wallington. (but the waiting list position shows she was consitent on both exams) So I think, if we get both offers (i will be jumping)) then we will follow her order of preferece, i.e Wallington.

Good luck to all girls!
Nara

Post by Nara »

Both school are great and we will be very happy to get into one of them!
flumper

Post by flumper »

Hi Nara, from the sounds of it I think you will get good news relatively soon. Think there is still some movement to come. I can only assume that my DD did better in the Nonsuch test which was a surprise to us because like you DD was sure that she did much better in Wally girls.
Good luck!
Tee1

Post by Tee1 »

I really hope we hear good news soon. Good luck to everyone!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now