Bus service to The Misbourne

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

ccl

Bus service to The Misbourne

Post by ccl »

Just noticed that the Arriva bus 48 does not run during drop off / pick up hours. Annoying. Does anyone know of any other buses (even school buses) that are possible to catch to get to The Misbourne from Penn/Hazlemere/RGS/Holmer Green area?
BlueBerry22

Re: Bus service to The Misbourne

Post by BlueBerry22 »

On my morning journey along the hughendon rd I see private buses from angel exec & cliffs coaches bearing signs saying they are the misbourne service. I think they pick up on that road but you would need to call them. There are also a number of small unbranded mini buses that go out that way. I often get stuck behind one dropping off near hw station. Could ask the school I suppose what companies pick up from school & then call each one.

Good luck
ccl

Post by ccl »

Thank you. I'll call around.
Dollydripmat

Post by Dollydripmat »

I think there may be a public bus that runs from great kingshill junior school . You might have to drive them to the bus stop. Dolly x
ccl

Post by ccl »

Arriva bus 48 is not running drop-off/pick-up hours.
Just found out that Ashwood Travel (01494 711055) picks up from Hazlemere Crossroads, though. They sell weekly return tickets for 18pound (alternatively, 4pound/day). Not cheap, but neither is petrol plus I've got 4 schools next year, so this would simplify the logistics.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ccl wrote:Arriva bus 48 is not running drop-off/pick-up hours.
Just found out that Ashwood Travel (01494 711055) picks up from Hazlemere Crossroads, though. They sell weekly return tickets for 18pound (alternatively, 4pound/day). Not cheap, but neither is petrol plus I've got 4 schools next year, so this would simplify the logistics.
Do Arriva give a reason for not running buses at times with guaranteed custom? Is this route not used by e.g. people needing to get to work at the same time in the morning as the school run, or home again from a part time job at school finish time?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ccl

Post by ccl »

I've emailed Arriva, but still waiting for response. Arriva Bus 48 would have been perfect. Very weird that there is no service during school drop-off/pick-up hours. Will post here when they get back to me
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Are you sure ir's just not called a different number?

From where I live there is one bus that runs at school times and school days and another that doesn't .. have you checked with Bucks transport?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now