Test Registration

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Jason Orange

Test Registration

Post by Jason Orange »

As there will be a shared test for 2016 entry does anyone know if there will be changes to the registration process? It would be great if Warwickshire followed Birmingham's lead and had an online system.
JamesDean

Re: Test Registration

Post by JamesDean »

There's a lot of info about the process on the KES admissions policy on their website - KES.net

Sorry, typing on my phone so can't post exact link.

JD
Jason Orange

Post by Jason Orange »

On-line registration for the test will apparently be available for this year. Sounds good.
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

Great! That'll hopefully make the process a little less clunky than it has been in the past.

Just wondering though, how will this work with having photos verified by dc's school head/teacher? Will this still be part of the process? I'm assuming there'll still be a security element to the registration.
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

From memory of reading the KES policy, Bloomers, you'll have to take the counter-signed photo and form with you on test day rather than sending it in beforehand and it being put on your desk for the test. So, perhaps an extra verification step before the test, along with the 'fit to take it' form, but nothing too onerous (hopefully).

JD
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

JamesDean wrote:From memory of reading the KES policy, Bloomers, you'll have to take the counter-signed photo and form with you on test day rather than sending it in beforehand and it being put on your desk for the test. So, perhaps an extra verification step before the test, along with the 'fit to take it' form, but nothing too onerous (hopefully).
Thanks for that JD. So, the online registration is just to say 'yes, we'd like our dc to do the test'. Sounds fair enough if a little convoluted (but, hey, if it helps make the process run smoothly & securely I'm all for it).
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

KES Admissions Policy 2016 wrote:Details of test venues will be sent to parents / carers by Warwickshire Admissions from Monday 24th August 2015 onwards. This will include a ‘Fit and Well’ sheet which must be brought to the test session with a photograph of the child sitting the test. This photograph must be signed and dated by the Headteacher of your child’s school. Warwickshire Admissions reserves the right to contact your child’s school and to share the photograph with them for the purposes of establishing proof of identity as part of the entrance test process.
There you go, senility hasn't set in yet :lol:

JD
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

It makes very interesting reading don't you think, JD, as it is clear that there has been an awful lot of tightening up to prevent fraud and also to address any fraud they discover after the 11+. I for one am quite impressed...!!
Bloomers151

Post by Bloomers151 »

kenyancowgirl wrote:It makes very interesting reading don't you think, JD, as it is clear that there has been an awful lot of tightening up to prevent fraud and also to address any fraud they discover after the 11+. I for one am quite impressed...!!
Most definitely - it's tough enough without having to compete with fraudsters.

And JD, the senility doesn't set in until you have to go through the process again... :shock: :lol: :shock:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

kenyancowgirl wrote:It makes very interesting reading don't you think, JD, as it is clear that there has been an awful lot of tightening up to prevent fraud and also to address any fraud they discover after the 11+. I for one am quite impressed...!!
I for one, cannot image why WCC would have tightened up so very much of their anti-fraud policies, KCG. Tis indeed a (very welcome) mystery ... :wink:
Bloomers151 wrote:And JD, the senility doesn't set in until you have to go through the process again... :shock: :lol: :shock:
Ah, so there is hope for me Bloomers. DD is not at all bothered, so I am keeping schtum and hoping she doesn't notice until after the registration deadline has passed :lol:

JD
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now