waiting list

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
umapriya

waiting list

Post by umapriya »

my son was offered for JHGS, but now they offered RGS from waiting list, can anyone tell me what can i do, though i put in my preference list when i applied.
ToadMum

Re: waiting list

Post by ToadMum »

umapriya wrote:my son was offered for JHGS, but now they offered RGS from waiting list, can anyone tell me what can i do, though i put in my preference list when i applied.
Do you mean, you no longer want the place at RGS, because you have now decided that you are happy with your original offer? If so, you need to check whether you have time to decide whether you want to accept the waiting list offer, or have you automatically lost the place at John Hampden (because the LEA assumed that because you were on the RGS waiting list, that was the school you preferred)?

If you haven't automatically lost the original place, you just tell the LEA / school/ both that you no longer want the RGS place. If you have automatically lost the JHGS place, I suspect that the process is rather more complicated.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

I'm guessing you mean that you can't understand why you need to reply to the waiting list offer for what was effectively your first choice as stated on your CAF? If you still want the place at RGS you need to accept it, as there are always some who go on a waiting list for a higher choice just to keep their options open but subsequently decide to accept the school they were offered.

Even though JHGS doesn't appear to be oversubscribed, it's important to confirm waiting list offers promptly as a matter of principle as it means that the place you were first offered then becomes free for someone else.

If, as ToadMum suggests, you actually now want to keep the JHGS place, you still need to act quickly as there is a risk that the place could be reallocated. There may still be places but it's best to get in touch and let the admissions people know what you really want at this stage.

New allocation profile showing new distance for RGS and "all applicants offered" status at JHGS: http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/media/3110612 ... l-2015.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marylou
umapriya

Post by umapriya »

When they first offered JHGS , they asked us whether you want to keep your son's name on the waiting list, but we replied, we are happy with the offer, so no need to keep his name on the waiting list, they agreed too; but now they told JHGS place has been withdrawn and RGS has been offered.

I don't know what to do? they gave 14 days to decide...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Have you got a record of giving them that information?

There are still spaces at JHGS so go back to admissions and ask for the place back if that is what you want.
umapriya

Post by umapriya »

yes I have got the email that we sent and the reply they sent....I mentioned the date and the time of the email everything when i talk to one of the admin team, they said after they discuss everything they will contact us , not yet any reply from them...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Chase it and ask for the name of the person you speak to. Do ask for someone senior like Debbie Munday.
umapriya

Post by umapriya »

thank you , i will do as you said..
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Let us know when it is sorted - I think it sounds as if it is their error and fortunately one that can easily be put right.

If JHGS was full it might have been awkward but I think they would still have to give the place back if they have made the mistake.
umapriya

Post by umapriya »

hi Guest55
son has been reallocated to JHGS......
thank you for your advice .......