Archbishop's School Canterbury

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sare

Archbishop's School Canterbury

Post by sare »

I know the build up and stress of the Kent Test have now subsided slightly :) (until March) but my daughter is sitting the Archbishop's entrance test on Saturday in a competition for 18 places :? ! I would be grateful for any clues in order to reassure her. Is the VR test similar to Kent Test? What publisher is it most like? She also has to sit a NVR test, again what publisher is it most similar to?
katel

Post by katel »

If nobody knows I can find out for you tomorrow - my dd's friend did it.
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

You could try ringing the school and asking them. My son is also sitting a test on Saturday morning but the school sent us an example of what he would be expected to do weeks ago.

Good luck!
sparkle

Post by sparkle »

Sorry I can't help you on that school entrance exam - I also wondered if anyone knew the content of the Lingield Notre Dame Schhol entrance exam?
Many thanks
sare

Post by sare »

It surprises me that you have been sent an example denis as the letter from the school that we received only stated that there would be VR and NVR tests which could not be prepared for. Can you tell me more?

Yes please katel any clues would be most welcome :D
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

sare wrote:It surprises me that you have been sent an example denis as the letter from the school that we received only stated that there would be VR and NVR tests which could not be prepared for. Can you tell me more?

Yes please katel any clues would be most welcome :D
Well, the school just sent us a short version of pretty much the NFER NVR, VR and maths questions that my son had been practising. He also has to write a short story and there's a reading comprehension as well. I would be happy to give you more info but at the moment I can't find it and we need to find the letter to see what time to drop him off and pick him up tomorrow - no pressure then :roll: :lol: :lol:
sare

Post by sare »

Testing all done now and Archbishop's test was exactly as the school had explained in their letter...just VR and NVR. My daughter found them fine and easier than the Kent Test (so she says!). A nice day really with snacks and lunch provided.
There was no reading test or story writing so not sure where denis got this info from.

Enjoying a nice weekend where there is no mention of anything academic :lol:
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Pupils taking the Dover test were sent examples. Nfer VR, and maths and an English paper woih comprehension very like the sats paper, includes a short piece of writing (eg from the extract what can you say about X's character..) also a composition based on the text
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

sare wrote:Testing all done now and Archbishop's test was exactly as the school had explained in their letter...just VR and NVR. My daughter found them fine and easier than the Kent Test (so she says!). A nice day really with snacks and lunch provided.
There was no reading test or story writing so not sure where denis got this info from.

Enjoying a nice weekend where there is no mention of anything academic :lol:
As I explained, I told you what we had been told to expect at ds's test on Saturday, I didn't ever say that your test would be the same. Just trying to help :roll:
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

yoyo123 wrote:Pupils taking the Dover test were sent examples. Nfer VR, and maths and an English paper woih comprehension very like the sats paper, includes a short piece of writing (eg from the extract what can you say about X's character..) also a composition based on the text
Thanks, yoyo. It was pretty fraught up there on Saturday, I was much more frazzled than I thought I would be, and some of the children turning up looked exhausted, I felt really sorry for them. To make matters worse, they had to register by 8.45am, so lots were there by 8.30am, and until we picked them up at about 1pm, they were only given some squash! All the boys came out looking knackered and pale and all said they were starving! I had been told by people who did the test last year that they were given biscuits, but not this year. I really wish they would give the option of taking a snack, it makes a big difference to my son's performance.

Oh, and just to cheer me up even more, we were told that this year there were more entrants than in previous years :roll: :shock: