11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
NoBigDeal1

TWGGS,TOGS or Weald

Post by NoBigDeal1 »

which would you choose & why?
mystery

Re: TWGGS,TOGS or Weald

Post by mystery »

Well, unless you get a very high score you have to live within a certain distance of twggs to stand a chance so I would give that one a miss unless I lived close enough. Weald - depends if you want the possibility of ending up in an annex of some sort in a remote part of 7oaks. If not, the answer is tgs if you live in their inner area and get a reasonable mark.
Minty

Post by Minty »

I have several friends with girls at TOGS- all very happy. The main reason they chose it was they preferred the IB route to A-Levels.
DD passed highly enough for Togs but we all loved Weald when we visited the schools, so that was our first choice and we are very happy she has a place there.

They are all great schools and I think you know the right one for your child when they see it. All things being equal though, I think I would probably choose whichever had the shortest/easiest journey.

Best of luck with whatever you decide,
Minty
PurpleDog

Post by PurpleDog »

Our DD has a place at TGS to start in September. We liked the IB too and felt that the academic focus of the school and the huge range of extracurricular activities would suit her.
We also like the feel of the place when we looked round. TWGGS was out of reach for us as the catchment area is so small.
Weald was great too and seemed more nurturing and less pressured than TGS which may suit some.

You just need to have a look around them all at open days and see what you think.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now