Waiting

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
scared mum

Waiting

Post by scared mum »

Hi all,
My daughter sat the exams for Parmiters and watford girls. once she'd completed the exam (which i coached her for myself) my husband said that there was no point in talking about it until March 3rd as we couldn't change anything. I'm so worried about the result and the consequences it might have on my daughter's education. Was wondering if there was anyone else out there who is silently stressing in the same way as me? Maybe we could cheer each other up?
watmum

Post by watmum »

I am speaking form personal experience only of course, but I would say that generally it is us mum's who worry about these things. My husband, and friend's husbands, all seemed to manage to put it to the back of their minds until the day of reckoning.

Us mums stressed for hours over coffee, chatting about the "what if's" so you are certainly not alone. There must be lots of other mums from your school going through it too?, though I appreciate that some families try and keep themselves to themselves on the playground, and believe me, that gets worse on the resluts week!

The weeks will totally fly by with half term coming up, it will be the dreaded day before you know it! Chin up, we are all nervous on your behalf!
tense

Post by tense »

Scared mum - I am stressing too! My husband, like yours, thinks this is a waste of energy.

Since I know that there is little chance of my DD getting one of those highly sought after places, in my more reasonable moments I try to remind myself about all the things I like about the alternative school. I've been browsing on its website, reading old newsletters, chatting to mums with kids already there etc etc.

In my more unreasonable moments I just completely fret!!
Contains Nuts

Post by Contains Nuts »

I think I have done so much fretting in the last year that now I just feel resigned to fate and have stopped worrying. Que Sera etc

What we have to keep reminding ourselves is that with parents like us our children will do well wherever they go as they will always get our support and encouragement.

And there is always the promise that if our children end up at the local comp they will be the stars of the school and their confidence will know no bounds.

My niece was not particulary bright at 11 and went to a comp and she is now their star pupil. She got excellent GCSEs, is predicted good A levels etc.

OUr kids will be ok!

So I'm calm now but speak to me the day before D-day and I shall be a nervous wreck. I actually tried to book a ski holiday for the week of the results as I can't face being here and the playground questions - but fully booked so we are going on Saturday 8 March instead! I am booking the day off work for the results and shall go into hiding for a few days til it all blows over....
watmum

Post by watmum »

very wise and reassuring comments there "Contains nuts", and I totally agree with what you say.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now