Travel to BGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
khan1971

Travel to BGS

Post by khan1971 »

Could someone please advise me suitable journey preferably private coach from Northolt/Ruislip/Greenford area.
scary mum

Re: Travel to BGS

Post by scary mum »

I'm not aware of any, but others may know - did you look into this before applying? The school may be able to tell you if there are pupils from the area, but I doubt it, due to the lack of public transport options.
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

OP, didn't you previously post that you were thinking of accepting the BGS place because the commute would be easier? How difficult is for your DS to get to the school he was initially allocated?

Is it possible to go from Greenford to Burnham via Ealing Broadway?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
khan1971

Re: Travel to BGS from Northolt/Greenford/Southall

Post by khan1971 »

I work in slough. not a big deal for me to pick and drop but i still prefer a coach/bus.
I know from southall train goes direct to BGS and 10 min walks.
I did some home work on it before.
I like to know people from this area commute to BGS.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

It sounds like it's not a problem for you, then, but I suspect there will be few from there in the school - the allocations have not gone that far out for a few years. I'm sure the school will be able to tell you, although they won't give you names or addresses, but they may be able to pass your details on if you ask them to? Worth a try, anyway.
scary mum
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now