Practice paper

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
year4mum

Practice paper

Post by year4mum »

Hi all . Not sure if I am able to ask this ( apologies if not !!) I have registerd my dd for bexley testr and received practice paper via email , does anyone know if this is similar in difficulty to the real thing , or is it just an idea of the style of questions ? Just so I can gauge our revision ! We have countless cgp / fptp books etc and doing lots of vocab games , so will be using those , but just trying to work out how tricky the test will actually be ( am aware that questions etc are a well guarded secret , so difficult to tell)
Thank you !!
mumsdarling2

Re: Practice paper

Post by mumsdarling2 »

Are you in the catchment for Bexley schools? Just wondering as I did not receive any practice paper through email though I registered my DC a couple of days ago. Wonder why!
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If its the one which starts with a comprehension passage involving a deer you can find it by googling 'Bexley 11+ familiarisation papers'. This is the one from 2013 but I think in most CEM areas the familiarisation paper seems not to change each year?

That doesn't help much with the question about whether the standard is the same as I'm the real thing, though. We are not in Bexley; DS2 did do your familiarisation paper out of curiosity and had no problems with the timing except for the NVR (he had never seen NVR-type questions before) but the parents of actual candidates that year posted that the timing of the sections go the real thing had been very tight. It was that rather than the difficulty of the questions that was the problem, I seem to remember.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
year4mum

Post by year4mum »

Hi , yes we are in Bexley - when you registered did you get an email confirmation - in mine there was a link to the bEXLEY Website page where there was practice paper and familiarisation paper - itwas the same one from last year though from what I can tell - was hoping fgor a new one to give me few more questions to work on , but think it's all a closely guarded secret !!!! If you didn't get email confirnmation may be worth calling them to check , as had heard that system was playing up a little - that was my panic - that we'd put the work in , then something would go wrong with my application !!
I was thinking maybe was the timing as opposed to the questions which would provide the difficulty , as when I've looked most places say the CEM tests them on what they should have learnt up to year 5 ( Did a Bond test where scores were terrible , and the content was definitely not year 5 - dented our confidence some what !!!!)

Hope your children getting on ok with prep , We have some good non selective schools very close , so pressure is off , but just want to give dd the best chance , when she puts her mind to it and actually reads the questions (!!!!) she can do well ......
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sorry, should have clarified - not only is DS2 now in year 7 (he tried the paper in the summer hols before he took the local 11+ here) but we are 'not in Bexley' to the extent that we live in Leigh on Sea in south east Essex, so definitely not a candidate for applying for your 11+ :) .

Though at the beginning of the year DS2 did say he thought that the journey a lad in his year made to and from school involved Blackfriars station :shock: , so I suppose dafter things do happen. (Although I seriously hope he misheard that one).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
year4mum

Post by year4mum »

Ahh , yes I had misread - apologies !! Hope your ds settled in well wherever he is , would have been a little bit of a trek for him .......... wow , hope that was a mishearing - I'm discounting schools that are more than 1 bus away , ( only because I am worried - my dd would love it I'm sure !!!) but we do have some great school in walking distance , selective and non , so haven't got too much of a worry test wise , just trying to make sure I give her the best chance ,( although go from relaxed to stressed and back in 2 seconds when going over tests etc - especially when she has a bad day and "forgets" the most basic of maths !!! :D )
x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now