KEHS assisted places stats

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hermanmunster

KEHS assisted places stats

Post by hermanmunster »

some figures re assisted places - they are starting fundraising for more places
The demand for these places is currently very high - 260 out of the 480 girls who took the entrance examination this year requested financial support but we were only able to offer 29 Assisted Places to new pupils.
um

Re: KEHS assisted places stats

Post by um »

That's good.
I know they have far fewer APs than KES...making it obviously a lot harder for girls to gain one than boys.
brc

Post by brc »

So 29 out of 84 are awarded AP at KEHS(34.5%) and 30-35 out of 125 are with AP at KES(Around 25%).
How is it harder for girls to gain one than boys?
May be generous at KES because of alumni contribution.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

KEHS are very clear that they do not have as much alumni funding available to go towards bursaries etc.

Discussed this with my old classmates, KEHS produces lots of professionals / public sector etc etc but not many earning the mega bucks that some of the boys did.
crazycrofter

Post by crazycrofter »

Surely the number of assisted places offered in any one year will vary depending on how many of them are full places and how many are awarded to children whose parents earn at the upper end of the scale, say £60k. They must have a total pot with a monetary value. 29 this year sounds quite high so perhaps a number of those are only small fee reductions. Also, I heard there were 95 places offered in total, not 84. I imagine they expect a few rejections so that the year group will be around 80.
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

The operative word is "offered" 29 APs, not that they were accepted. From what we see here each year I would guess the proportion of AP offers that are accepted is perhaps quite small. (I also wonder if the total of 29 includes both offers when an AP is rejected and then re-offered to someone else??)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now