GCSEs beginning tomorrow

Discussion and advice on GCSEs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
saram

GCSEs beginning tomorrow

Post by saram »

For those beginning their GCSE journey tomorrow (RE), or later this week with their DD or DS, good luck! It hardly seems any time since I was scanning this site anxiously for helpful tips and reassurance re. The 11+. Now DS1 is year 11 and DS2 year 10 and we are heading into the next unknown. I hope all those in the same position are able to remain sane, or at least vaguely so!
Sending the very best wishes to you all.
x
scary mum

Re: GCSEs beginning tomorrow

Post by scary mum »

And to you. Tuesday for us. Will be quite glad when it all starts to be honest, it feels like a bit of a phoney war!
scary mum
twinkles

Post by twinkles »

Good luck to all DS's and DD's - Tuesday they start for us too. DS doesn't seem too bothered about them at the moment - not sure if that is good or bad!
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Tuesday for us, and with dd1 in Y11 and dd2 in Y10 I have years of this. Having to be nice to her all the time is very wearying. I long for a good old yelling match instead of having to tiptoe around her every whim. DG
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

RE for DD today, AS maths (C1) for DS on wednesday and year 5 sats for DS2 all week. Im going to work and staying there!

(DD always verbalises things she is/has learnt, she has just gone out the door spouting quotes from Mother Teresa, anyone she meets on the way to school will think she has completely lost it!)
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Wishing everyone the best of luck :) x x x
Heartmum x x x
copella

Post by copella »

Daogroupie wrote:Having to be nice to her all the time is very wearying. I long for a good old yelling match instead of having to tiptoe around her every whim. DG
Ds1 began today, AS economics which was hard, just 8 more exams to go and then we can breath for a bit.

Like you DAO can't wait to stop this tiptoeing and minding what I say just in case we upset him. Breathing deeply and smiling just gets me through.

Roll on June.
Basil

Post by Basil »

Today DD had Maths and it seems to be hard . She said some questions she doesn't know . :?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Which board was that? Sorry to hear she found some questions challenging. Is it a new spec? DG
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Basil wrote:Today DD had Maths and it seems to be hard . She said some questions she doesn't know . :?
Was that GCSE? I didn't know any were on today ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now