Grammar Schools Birmingham - Registration now open.....

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bluejay

Grammar Schools Birmingham - Registration now open.....

Post by bluejay »

Hi all

I see that registration is now available online:

http://www.birminghamgrammarschools.org ... ineapp.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I am pleased to see that results are received just over a month after the exam.
When my DS did the exam 4 years ago it was a long wait.......
I also notice that it is now answers on a separate sheet!!
Thanks CEM thats all the poor children need, a little more added pressure :!:
Midlandsmom

Re: Grammar Schools Birmingham - Registration now open.....

Post by Midlandsmom »

Can I ask a stupid question? Registered my child today, but can't see anywhere that gives any indication of where they actually go to take the test? I'm assuming it's at one of the grammar schools, but how do they decide which one the child sits the exam at? Is it distance from home address or random selection? Hoping I wasn't meant to choose an option and missed it :?
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

last year we were allocated a test centre.
It might not be one of the grammer schools, we were allocated Light hall School in Shirley.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

So Birmingham and Warwickshire are also part of CEM Super Saturday on 12th September and Birmingham is offering to share results with Warwickshire. Did they do this last year? DG
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

No, this is new this year DG. Warks will also share with Brum, so only need to take one test whichever area you're in.

JD
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thanks. Were they the same tests on different days last year or the same test on the same day or a different test on the same day or different test on different days?

Do many sit Brum and Walsall? DG
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

They were on the same day last year, I think, but different papers. Children sitting both then had to sit the Warks back up date the following weekend. This had caused unrest in the past as knowledge of the content may have been shared. This years joint test will stop this happening - good news all around :)

I don't know about the Walsall test.

JD
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

Daogroupie wrote:Thanks. Were they the same tests on different days last year or the same test on the same day or a different test on the same day or different test on different days?

Do many sit Brum and Walsall? DG
Others with better Knowledge can answer the first part.

In respect of the second part everyone I know has done both exams for many years.Numbers run into the hundreds. Its difficult to say how many actually take both.If you live in North Birmingham,Sandwell or Walsall it would be sensible to take both.Many people come from outside to use either or both as a practice.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

I seem to recall it was different days and different tests last year - there was a lot of problems with a person on here recommending that people used the Warks test as a practice for B'ham - and I think Walsall is used by a lot of B'ham people. It certainly seems a step in the right direction that B'ham and Warwickshire have basically agreed to go for the same test on the same day and will share results (people who want to apply to schools in both areas, will get two separate scores/rankings as they will be standardised against the individual cohorts.)

Cross post with JD - I think Walsall was a separate day - I am fairly confident it was a different test but people used it as a practice for CEM. People need to be very careful in areas that are next to each other like this, that they read the rules carefully - places that are sharing results are making it very clear that only a first attempt at a CEM test will be accepted. Warks have also massively tightened up on identification or candidates.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Doesn't somewhere in your neck of the woods run its 11+ in July? Or was it one of the places which is now on September 12th?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now