Does anyone know how far outside the top 120 Pates went?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fairyjasmine

Does anyone know how far outside the top 120 Pates went?

Post by fairyjasmine »

We received the "I am writing to you with the encouraging news about the performance of (your DD) in the entrance test" letter from Pates in October - DD was outside the top 120 but within the top 160. We didn't put it on our CAF for various reasons and we're very happy with the school she's been allocated but I am curious to know how far down the list they went for the September 2015 intake. Does anyone know?
DebsB

Re: Does anyone know how far outside the top 120 Pates went?

Post by DebsB »

According to pookie's post on the "Allocations 2015" thread, Pate's said over the phone that they went down to 135. That was on offers day, though. I have no information as to whether there's been any movement since then. Maybe somebody else will come along who can add something further.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

The post that DebsB found was the only post I could find, suspect there may have been a few more places freed up but we haven't heard how many
fairyjasmine

Post by fairyjasmine »

Thanks :D Perhaps someone that appealed may know the final outcome (although I suppose it's not really final until they start!).
chumba

Post by chumba »

As far as I know, after offers were sent out it took them to ranking of 135. This did not change after reconsideration. I was told this by another parent who had rung the school as they had ticked the box for reconsideration. They were ranked in the 140's and didn't get a place.
fairyjasmine

Post by fairyjasmine »

OK - DD ranked in the low 150s so it sounds like she definitely wouldn't have been offered a place. I would always have wondered if I hadn't asked now, though :)
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Not really relevant, but I thought I'd say that Tommies went down to 205 if anyone is interested.
cazien

Post by cazien »

Would be interesting to know how far down the list all the schools went.....
capers123

Post by capers123 »

fairyjasmine wrote:Thanks :D Perhaps someone that appealed may know the final outcome (although I suppose it's not really final until they start!).
It will not be that simple. The appeals panel doesn't allocate the next 1, 4 or x ranking children on the waiting list. They will look at all the information submitted about the children, academic evidence, home circumstances, problems on the day, then decide which, if any, appeals to allow.

It's entirely possible to allow rank 160 or below, but not allow an appeal for 136 - if indeed 136 even appealed (they may have preferred another school).
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

cazien wrote:Would be interesting to know how far down the list all the schools went.....

Think this would be very useful information to have on a sticky for this years candidates. Especially as all the schools are now using rankings. The old system guestimates of scores is no longer useful.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now