Changes in exams?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Orson

Changes in exams?

Post by Orson »

Every year it's the same - parents and teachers bandying around the idea that 'this year the exams are going to change'. :roll:

The rumour that's rife is that the 2 VR papers are to be replaced by Maths, English, Science (possibly), VR and/or NVR papers.

Every year it's proved to be nonsense - which makes me wonder where it all starts in the first place.

I always dismiss the rumours but this time round a huge number of people seem to have 'heard' the same thing.

Can anyone shed any light?

Orson
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Hi Orson,cant shed any light on the changes you refer to-but I do know that in the latest Gloucestershire Admissions Forum minutes they state that the standardisation will be changing to all schools together and the pass mark will be 210-
Quote-"that there would be a standardisation between community and other grammar schools, where the pass mark would be 210 as a total, not 105 in each test"

Gloucestermum.
Orson

Post by Orson »

Gloucestermum

Thanks for that info. I think that's a move in the right direction.
They've more to consider revising than that though, me thinks.
As regards my initial query - I'm going to presume the rumours are unfounded (as usual) unless somebody knows anything different.

Orson
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Have you tried your luck with admissions? I know they can be very unhelpful but you never know ....
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now