WGHS Induction days

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Buckbeak

WGHS Induction days

Post by Buckbeak »

Hello lovely people...

What happens at the 2 day Induction at WGHS?

Anyone with any experience ?

Thanks guys in advance.
:)
Wee

Re: WGHS Induction days

Post by Wee »

DD seems to remember both days involved taster lessons mainly. She enjoyed the lessons and both days overall. Nothing at all to worry about she said. Good luck.
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Thanks Wee.

Were they set into their form groups? Houses? Etc...

My DD has a residential trip to London booked by her School for those 2 days. Just wondering if she will miss anything too important at WGHS.
Wee

Post by Wee »

The girls were put into their form groups from the start of day one and spent all their time then with the girls they would be with in September. The form group is their house group. That's a hard decision to make. Does she know anyone else going into year 7.
Are you in wolverhampton? If so that's a bit remiss of them to organise a Y6 residential then as all transition days are around this time and schools have fair warning...
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

My son missed his induction day at KES last year because Sandwell don't have a single induction day as Birmingham LA do & he was away in Wales with his primary school. It doesn't seem to have caused any long term damage!
Buckbeak

Post by Buckbeak »

Yes...we are in Wolverhampton. She doesn't know anyone else in year 7. We may ask WGHS what house and class she will be in closer to the time. She may as well enjoy London. :) .

Just a pity that both dates have clashed!!
onebigdilemma

Post by onebigdilemma »

My sons year 6 leaving celebrations are on the same day as his grammar school induction too. I am sure there must be a number who miss them due to similar reasons.
FunkyMonkey

Post by FunkyMonkey »

My son missed his 2 years ago at WGS due to a year 6 residential.

They let him come in a different day. No biggy.
MrsPab

Post by MrsPab »

Hi Buckbeak, My Daughter is meant to be on a 5 day residential with her school that week. I am letting her still go but picking her up on the Thursday and Friday mornings from the Residential (it is only at Shugborough) and taking her to WGHS for the induction days and then running her back for the evening residential. It is just typical that all these things clash!!! I don't want her to miss out on her precious last few experiences with her Primary friends and also she deserves to let go and have fun after all the stress of this and SATS!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now