hello

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sony

hello

Post by sony »

Hello every one.. I am new to this forum.. I live in surrey. My son will be in year 4 this year. We want him to get into one of grammer schools in surrey . all your suggestion and advice will be helpful. how to prepare n help him without any tuitions. as every one is telling me if u have to prepare for grammer i have send him to tuition. just not sure where to start please guide me. :?
tiffinboys

Re: hello

Post by tiffinboys »

Entrance tests for all the grammars in this region are in English and Maths. A good command of KS2 syllabus to old level 6 will go well.
newdud

Post by newdud »

Welcome to the forum.
As TB says have a look at the KS2 Level 6 paper for English and maths, that is a rough guide to the format of the 1st Stage Test.
There are lots of Bond books in high street shops for the age of your child and slowly start to practice with them.

To get passed the second stage tests in SGS & Wilson, he will need a good command of English and that can only be done by reading books.

Ignore the 'rumor mill' about tuition, you do not necessarily need it.

My last word is parental engagement in the education of your child, there is no substituent for it, certainly not tutors.
sony

Post by sony »

Thank you all.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now