What % of boys taking 11+ for Bmth also take Poole 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
LouiseK

What % of boys taking 11+ for Bmth also take Poole 11+

Post by LouiseK »

Hello,

Currently in Sals Grammar catchment but thinking of a move to Bournemouth and therefore trying to calculate the % chance of getting into a Dorset Grammar vs the Salisbury one ( boys)

The figure I'm not sure of is what % of people have taken both Bmth & Poole exams historically ( I realise now there's just the one going forward)

I doubt anyone knows exactly but what would be your best guess from your views, people you know, their plans , what they have done in the past for kids already at grammars etc ?

thanks very much :-)

Louise
str3ssed

Re: What % of boys taking 11+ for Bmth also take Poole 11+

Post by str3ssed »

Things are changing this year. There will only be one 11 plus exam this coming year held on the same day for BSB, BSG, Poole Girls and Poole Boys. That single exam will be used by all four schools to select eligible children.

My advice if you are out of catchment you will have a better chance at getting into Bournemouth because Poole schools prioritise in catchment whereas Bournemouth schools prioritise exam ranking.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

These are the admission criteria for BSB; catchment / distance to school has higher priority than outside Bournemouth:

i. Eligible boys who are looked after children or previously looked after children;

ii. 120 places will be assigned to boys who scored most highly in the entrance tests, in rank order of the entrance test scores, with those boys obtaining the highest scores given higher priority;

iii. Of the remaining eligible boys, those who live within the Borough of Bournemouth and are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant will be ranked next, in order of the entrance test scores, with those boys obtaining the highest scores given higher priority (those eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant are those who are in receipt of Free School Meals as of 31st October 2015, or have been in receipt of Free School Meals at any point during the six years, or are the children of UK Armed Forces personnel at any point during the four years, before 31st October 2015);

iv. Of the remaining eligible boys, those who live within the Borough of Bournemouth and are ineligible for the Pupil Premium will be ranked next, in order of the entrance test scores, with those boys obtaining the highest scores given higher priority;

v. The remaining eligible boys (i.e. those who live outside the Borough of Bournemouth) and who are eligible for the Pupil Premium Grant will then be ranked in order of the entrance test scores, with those boys obtaining the highest scores given higher priority.

vi. The remaining eligible boys (i.e. those who live outside the Borough of Bournemouth and are ineligible for the Pupil Premium Grant) will be ranked in order of the entrance test scores, with those boys obtaining the highest scores given higher priority.
str3ssed

Post by str3ssed »

Concur with above for BSB. Last year about 500 sat BSB test, pass mark 196, 221 passed. I reckon about 50 passing chose Poole over BSB. I heard that boy out of catchment got in with score of 204 and boy in catchment with score of 196. Make of that what you will.
Ripcurlrana

Post by Ripcurlrana »

How is the 196 pass mark arrived at? What did the boys need to get on each paper to 'pass'?

Thanks!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now