Outdoor ovens

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Outdoor ovens

Post by Amber »

Ok this is a long shot but dafter things have been asked on this forum so I will give it a go.

I have for a long time wanted an outdoor oven which can be used to roast meat as well as making bread and pizzas. But the price of these things in kit form is eye-watering so every time I look at it I stop again, put off by the sheer cost and also the fact that it looks like it becomes a major building project on top. Some of the ones I have seen look like full-on shrines or small cathedrals and I have something quite simple in mind.

So, does anyone have any experience of one of these things - either buying or building one? I would like to know how difficult it was to do and whether you need to spend loads more on top of the headline cost. The kind of thing I am thinking about would be something like this.

.Image
Dollydripmat

Re: Outdoor ovens

Post by Dollydripmat »

I have a very good Italian friend who bought an original pizza oven which is outside and he cooks everything in it. He swears by it and uses it all the time. It wasn't cheap or easy to house initially , however he said it was well worth it, he is trying to convince us!!! Dollyxxxx
doodles

Post by doodles »

I've long wanted one of these and there's a thread a while back on them -somebody suggested a kit, I'll try and find the link.

I'd love one but my fear is DH and DS trying to build one :shock: :lol:
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think the last time some one mentioned it, James May had built one on Man lab which had been shown the night before.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ay#p373643" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now