Prom Suits

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ally

Prom Suits

Post by Ally »

Getting clothes for DS is always a challenge as he's tall and supper shinny.

I need to find a skinny fit suit. Chest 36, but trousers Waist 28( okish with a belt) or less, but with a leg length of 33 or preferably 35inch. He's wearing leg length 33 at the moment, but is most likely to grow before the end of June. I've been looking and no one seems to make suit trousers with W28,L33, it was hard enough to find plain school trousers.

Has anyone got any idea's
Drama 797

Re: Prom Suits

Post by Drama 797 »

Last year we bought my DS's prom suit from Top Man from their skinny/slim fit range. They didn't stock the small waist trousers in long leg length in store so we had to order on line. We also used older DD's student card for a discount. If you haven't already done so, I would suggest trying in store first to confirm waist size because different ranges do vary in size. Primark also do a range of slim fitting long length trousers which we matched with an M&S Dinner Jacket for our eldest DS.
copella

Post by copella »

Your ds sounds like mine, tall and slim with no bum. We got his at topman, had to go to three though to get his size.
Minesatea

Post by Minesatea »

I had to buy DS one at Xmas at very short notice, and Moss Bros were very helpful, and cheaper than feared. My lanky 28" waisted DS looked really smart for the first time ever! They also have an altering service if you need it.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Next does a good slim fit selection and their online ordering is excellent.
ginx

Post by ginx »

We hired one in desperation. £50. 28 inch waist, 32 inside leg and ds is incredibly thin.

He did look great (and fortunately didn't spill anything on it!)
KS10

Post by KS10 »

A couple of questions:

1. Are you buying / hiring a tux or a suit?
2. DS has to wear a suit in the sixth form and we're not sure whether to be practical and kill two birds with one stone by buying a suit he can wear next year or whether to go for the dinner jacket.
KB

Post by KB »

Have you checked if he will have more opportunity to wear a DJ during 6th form? At our GS they wear them for various events, although not compulsory of course!
KS10

Post by KS10 »

Good point. Thanks KB.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Moss Bros hire is good. We decided DS still has dome growing to do so there was no point in buying. They do a "prom package" which is £56.50 for trousers, jacket, shirt & tie, which I didn't think was bad and they have all sorts of shapes & sizes. Another option might be to buy a dinner jacket & team it up with black trousers that can be used again. Also try charity shops. All a bit OTT really. Fortunately DD bought her dress in a charity shop when she had hers. I've heard of people spending hundreds of pounds. Then there's the hair, nails, shoes... :roll:
scary mum
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now