North London Grammar School

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Letsdoit

North London Grammar School

Post by Letsdoit »

I wonder if anyone has any thoughts about North London Grammar School. Its an independent school.
leanmeamum

Re: NORTH LONDON GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Post by leanmeamum »

Looks like a new school from its website.

Is it already open?
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

It is re-branding and relocation of an existing school - Wisdom School in Haringey, North London.
Letsdoit

Post by Letsdoit »

Yes it's first year.we went for open day,looks very good.

£7500 per year fees.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Letsdoit wrote:Yes it's first year.we went for open day,looks very good.

£7500 per year fees.
Intriguing, rather less than our local independent secondary school in sunny Southend. Also interesting that they should rename it 'grammar school'?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
leanmeamum

Post by leanmeamum »

Yes - found the opening day was 15th Sept 2014.

Fees are very low compared to other schools. Would love to hear from existing pupil's parents about the school
piggys

Re: North London Grammar School

Post by piggys »

I have just been having a look at the old Wisdom school website and I have to say that the poor grammar alone would put me off - the irony!
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

piggys wrote:I have just been having a look at the old Wisdom school website and I have to say that the poor grammar alone would put me off - the irony!
I have too and I agree. It looks as though it has been written by someone who learned English as an adult. The new website is a bit better but has similar mistakes. It does look as though it seems to be a happy school though.
Fustrateddad

Post by Fustrateddad »

Maybe some people will disagree but I can't see any real reason why parents would want to send their DC to this school. Does this school offer something different? The answer is no! There many better and established independents and I can't see what benefits this school offered other than reduced fees. I for one, would advice parents that they pay a bit more for a decent independent or choose a decent state school and save the fees.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Fustrateddad wrote:Maybe some people will disagree but I can't see any real reason why parents would want to send their DC to this school. Does this school offer something different? The answer is no! There many better and established independents and I can't see what benefits this school offered other than reduced fees. I for one, would advice parents that they pay a bit more for a decent independent or choose a decent state school and save the fees.
I can imagine the school has done its research and know there is a market.
I reckon that there are plenty of people who feel that they do not have much choice in which state school they can get a place at and may not be happy with what is offered there. Not all will be able to afford the fees for other indies and this may give people another route to consider.