Results - 3rd March

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
cindy

Results - 3rd March

Post by cindy »

Last year there was a bit of problem, as those that put in choice applications on line, had there results posted on line at the same time as the postal applcations were put in the post box at 10am, thus they knew the day before.

So, this year apparentely on line applicant will see which school the child has been allocated at 4pm, hopfully then the postal applicats will get this info in the post the following morning.
Scores are only available for all from the school on the 4th March.

Good luck to all, any heartfelt thanks to all the contibutors who have helped me sooooo much.

Cindy
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

So are you saying that as I did my application on line, I will get the email telling me where my son has been offered a place at 4pm on March 3? I was hoping it would be earlier in the day, I might have had a nervous breakdown by 4pm!
cindy

Post by cindy »

poor Denis Denis,

Yep I am afraid its true, or least thats what I have been told by the Education Ladies at Maidstone.

Last year parents of postal votes felt it was unfair that on line applicant knew before.. so the change is to prevent the school being pressured by parents to know the results early. Thus they will put the results out agter school closing time.

Kind regards

Cindy
traceyanne

Post by traceyanne »

Do we get a letter as well as getting school allocation on line if we applied on line?
Would it say the score in the letter? My school always seems so difficult when information is asked for ( apparently I'm the only one who's ever asked for half of the things I've asked for! Trying to make me feel difficult me thinks!)
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

unless it has changed since my children we didn;t get the scores.

I went and asked at the school.

Our post doesn't arrive til noon. My boss got fed up of me fidgeting and sent me home to get the envelope. When I got there (8 miles away) I realised I hadn't got my house keys. The precious envelope was on the mat and I couldn;t get it.. :oops:

Luckily teh school let me know the results and also gave me the marks (which were amazingly good for my laid back boy!) :lol:
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Yoyo, that's like torture!

Can someone please tell me what the letter actually tells you? Does it say that you've passed the Kent test or does it say you have been offered a place at such and such a school?
cindy

Post by cindy »

I cant lay my hand on my last years letter at the moment, but I know it
said that name of the school that he had been allocated. It had no rusults or test marks on it.
However I knew that he had not passed, as the alocated school was a comp, which was not on my list. I knew that as one of our named schools was TWBoys Grammar that if he had of passed by the minimum, the letter would have said that school instead.

So when I got the scores from the school, it did confirm this, he was one point short.

hope that helps

Cindy
I just thought I would add, he was allowed to his choice grammar on appeal
denis denis

Post by denis denis »

Thanks cindy, that's really helpful. Failing by one point! Glad you got your first choice school in the end.
kentmum1

the letter!

Post by kentmum1 »

Denis - I have found last year's letter. The first part of the letter (providing they pass) will say this:

I am writing to let you know about your application for a secondary school place for your son (or daughter). ???? has been offered a place at ????. The school will write to you with further details shortly. You will need to let the school now by ???? whether or not you wish to take up the place.

???? took part in the 11+ testing and was assessed as suitable for admission to a grammar school. Details of his test scores can be obtained from your primary school.

.......and then the rest is all about appeals and waiting lists, contact numbers for questions.

Hope I haven't spoilt the mystery of it all!

Good luck - the waiting is agony!
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

I walked past a florists today and noticed that it's Mother's Day on 2 March - so we'll all have a really nice relaxed day, enjoying being pampered while our stomachs are churning with nerves and worry!!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now