Bucks June exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Letsdoit

Bucks June exams

Post by Letsdoit »

Good Morning All,
I was reading in detail about the Bucks school admission criteria,On their website it said if someone move to the area in June and sit in exam they will get the admission.Any parents have done that. We are just short of 2-3 miles of the catchment area of some of the schools and can't move until he finishes his year 6 otherwise we have to commute to his primary school.Very confused. :(
MamaBear

Re: BUCKS JUNE EXAMS

Post by MamaBear »

which school are you hoping to get? If its not oversubscribed you might get a place and not have to move house as you are only 2-3 miles away.
Others will know better and will chip in soon
scary mum

Re: BUCKS JUNE EXAMS

Post by scary mum »

Yes, you will only get a place if they take the exam and qualify AND there are places at the school you were hoping for. Which school were you wanting to apply for?
scary mum
Letsdoit

Re: Bucks June exams

Post by Letsdoit »

We want only the mixed schools like CGS, BGS,RLS,SWBS.

So if he sit in exam in June 2016 and passes it.Will he get into the school of our choice or just where ever place is available.
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

The Bucks 11+ is in September. Why are you talking about June?

Look at the allocation distances at the top of the Bucks page - this will show how far they went out this year and historically.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Do you have other children? You need to think about their schooling too - what if they don't get into the same grammar school?. You seems to be targeting many grammar schools in different areas - the thing everyone always says on here is that "grammar school or bust" isn't necessarily the best thing. Have you visited all the schools and which one is best suited to your child? Grammar schools are just schools, with many of the same weaknesses as other schools, it isn't a magic wand and you really need to fit the school to the child, not the other way round. Good luck - I think it would be foolish to leave sitting the 11 plus until June - you can sit it from anywhere and apply to the schools. If you then move you can join the waiting list.
scary mum
Letsdoit

Post by Letsdoit »

Thanks for your reply. No I don't have any other kids to consider for school.If they have the option of giving 11+ exams in June as well for late movers in the area so they must keep some places for them. I know they have exam in Sept.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Letsdoit wrote:If they have the option of giving 11+ exams in June as well for late movers in the area so they must keep some places for them.
No, they specifically do not keep any places to do this. You really must read the admissions material as it makes it very clear. A waiting list is operated, then there are appeals results, then back to the wait lists, added to which may be late applicants.
mad?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Letsdoit wrote:Thanks for your reply. No I don't have any other kids to consider for school.If they have the option of giving 11+ exams in June as well for late movers in the area so they must keep some places for them. I know they have exam in Sept.

I don't think they will be keeping places for them, they may have to go on the waiting list, perhaps appeal for oversubscription or be offered place at school that still does have places (as per the allocation profiles)
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You will not get a place like this - the schools you mention are all already over-subscribed and they will be full. Appeals will already have taken place and your chances of success are zero.

Move now if you really want a place.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now