Primary school visit from new GS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Panic.com

Primary school visit from new GS?

Post by Panic.com »

My DS has a place at CGS in September.

I remember in the info pack it said that they would try and send a teacher from the new school to meet with them at their primary during the summer term.

This hasn't happened yet. Has anyone else's DC going to CGS had their visit?

Wondering if he'll get one as we are just over the border in Herts and he is the only one at his school who got a place at CGS. He breaks up for the summer on the 1st July so there isn't a huge amount of time left.

Thanks
Dollydripmat

Re: Primary school visit from new GS?

Post by Dollydripmat »

I'm not sure how it works at CGS......at BHS we did have a teacher come to see our girls , 4 passed. We were told if there had been only 1 they would be invited to a picnic where they could meet other girls who are joining in sept on their own. Dolly xx
southbucks3

Post by southbucks3 »

John hampden came and saw my son on his own, all other gs selected boys in his school are going to rgs. We are firmly in bucks county council catchment though and in a state school, so I don't know if that makes any odds.
Maybe rather than the teacher travelling out to your dc you could arrange a half an hour mtg and take your dc out of school for it, I know the head teacher that saw my son was spending the day on a busy schedule of school visits in the area. Maybe it is logistically difficult to visit children in schools ooc, also if they did where would it end, travelling from wycombe to London for example, visiting home educated children in their homes in reading? They have a school to run after all.
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

We're in Warwickshire so it's not really relevant, but I spotted that one of our local grammars is expecting student from 71 primaries in September. I guess it's not able to visit them all!
mof3

Post by mof3 »

We live in Harrow and 5 kids from our primary got into CGS. Someone came to see them last week without any prior notification (to us parents anyway!). I suppose if there is just one child in a school going to CGS then it might prove difficult to justify the resources to send someone. I wouldn't worry too much. Apparently the visitor saw all 5 as a group, and the entire visit lasted about 20 minutes. The main thing for your DC will be the induction day at the start of July. See you at parents evening on the 29th!
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

My youngest dd had a visit last week from the pastoral leader of year 7s at her new grammar school last week.She saw her in the school setting discussed with the school how they had adapted to deal with her particular problems at school and had a 20 minute discussion with each other asking my dd about her hobbies and favourite subjects and a general discussion to reduce the anxieties with the move to a Senior school with has more than 4 times the numbers and moving from being the oldest to the youngest again.

Nothing to worry about.

We have 2 induction days at the beginning of July.
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
Panic.com

Post by Panic.com »

Thanks all.

He isn't hugely worried I don't think. Excited and a little bit nervous (!) but only what's to be expected I guess.

See you on the 29th!

I know there is the induction day on the 6th (i think- it's written on the calendar) but are any other DC going to the induction meetings at the equestrian club at the beginning of July too?
Mostlymum

Post by Mostlymum »

They certainly try to get round everyone although I imagine for CGS it's a bit of a trial as their geographical spread is much wider than the other local grammars.

Ds is one of two going from his school; it's very close to Chesham but they still haven't seen anyone.
Rags

Post by Rags »

My DD's new school - AHS - doesn't look like it's sending anyone - it has an induction day, where the girls go to the new school for the day, which is probably logistically easier (for them!) - my DD is very much looking forward to it...
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Rags, most GS do both - a visit to the Primary school and the LA wide Induction Day.

It's hard to get to every school when there are over 50 feeders and staff have to be available to travel and keep teaching commitments.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now