Cut off /pass mark for top 25 state grammer schools

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
curiousappa

Cut off /pass mark for top 25 state grammer schools

Post by curiousappa »

Hi Can somebody able to provide cutoff marks/percentage for top 25 state grammer schools in 2014 as it will be helpful for many parents.
bucks 121/199, 61%
Berkshire and slough 111/165, 67%
Kendrik girls ?/?, 85%
henrietta 219/ ?, ?% above 95 I gues's
Chelmsford girls high ?/?, ?%
Colchester girls high ?/?, ?%
Nonsuch grammer ?/?, ?%
Wallington girls high school ?/?, ?%
Tonbridge girls grammer 371/420 for super selective places out of catchment 350/420 for inside catchment
Pete school ?/?, ?%
Colyton grammer ?/?, ?%
Wallington girls high ?/?, ?%
please update as much as information available
above mentioned are only 2014 cutoff marks as I picked up from various school website's and threads here.
hermanmunster

Re: Cut off /pass mark for top 25 state grammer schools

Post by hermanmunster »

I think it is quite difficult to say for some of these schools as the pass mark as a percentage is never really known - it certainly is not the straightforward raw score / max score as there is often standardisation based on age etc
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Standardised scores don't work like that OP ... in the 'old' Bucks 11+ you had to get around 90% to equate to 121.

You will not get a place in a Bucks GS from Cambridge so don't waste a choice on your CAF.
Justinterested

Post by Justinterested »

Good luck to your daughter. Btw it is Grammar School !
Peridot

Post by Peridot »

Why would one person want that information for all those schools? It's meaningless. You can only apply to the ones you are in catchment for, apart from a small number of non catchment schools.

By the way, it's spelled "grammar".
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

For a bit of light relief, have a look at the GL Assessment website - the normal distribution, standardisation etc are well-described there. Also in various posts on this site; if you use the use the 'search' facility with an appropriate keyword, you will find them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Thanks just intrested I will keep in mind it's grammar not grammer. I just mistyped many times as my Samsung keypad playing with me.
curiousappa

Post by curiousappa »

Thanks peridot
I thought it would be helpful for few parents who will be searching for cut off marks like me. I am sure my daughter can't sit all those grammar schools . But at least few of the school cutoff marks will helps
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

The standardisation is different, the population taking the tests is different ... it tells you nothing at all!
copella

Post by copella »

Why would such information be useful? I would think the majority of people would be applying to a small group of schools in their area or where they may be locating to, not every school no matter where it is because it is in the top 25. I would hope parents looked at other things when choosing a school for their child, not purely rank.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now