What to do over summer?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
confusedmummy12345

What to do over summer?

Post by confusedmummy12345 »

Hello,

My daughter is going to start year 4 in September and we're hoping to try for AGGS and SGS. What would you wse folk advise we be doing over the summer (other than playing, reading books and having fun and ice cream, of course!!!!)

Just want to do something little and often. Thanks so much in advance.

CM12345
Tinkers

Re: What to do over summer?

Post by Tinkers »

I'd suggest

Playing, reading books and having fun, and ice cream.

She is still quite young. Beginning of year 4 is still too early to start.
miltonkeynes

Post by miltonkeynes »

Tinkers wrote:I'd suggest

Playing, reading books and having fun, and ice cream.

She is still quite young. Beginning of year 4 is still too early to start.
I agree Tinkers, the end of year 3 beginning of 4 is really early and you don't want to risk burn out and her getting bored of it all. She will be working hard next summer so let her rest and relax for this one!
workerbee

Post by workerbee »

I agree too young to start papers etc but never too young to ensure the basics are in place. I would advise you concentrate on getting times tables covered, you can find websites that print 100 time tables sums. Get her to do one a day and time her, hopefully she will get faster each day. We did this with my son and by end of year 3 could do 100 times tables in 59 seconds - CEM tests speed and accuracy. Lots of reading ensuring she understands the vocab and doesn't just skim over the words she doesn't know. You could even start her on bond books age 7-8. A little and often is the way to go. Hope this helps.