Tommies' induction session - Saturday

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stressed?Moi?

Tommies' induction session - Saturday

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Just wondering what format this session will take on Saturday. I understand us parents are invited to stay, but interested to know from previous years' parents how long it lasts, do we stay together or are we spoken to and the boys go elsewhere? I can't get over how time has flown this year and it seems ages since we were there for the uniform fitting. I remember thinking then that it would be ages until 4th July.
RedVelvet

Re: Tommies' induction session - Saturday

Post by RedVelvet »

I'll ask my boy to see if he remembers anything.
Weaver

Post by Weaver »

I was told the parents stay in the hall, whilst the boys are taken off to meet their form. At some point, the pre-uniform gets paid for and collected too, I'm expecting! It's 10:00-12:00, so not a long slot, but they have all of next Thursday for the full induction.

My DH will be there with our son as I'm going to be away!
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Nothing further to add here.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

On a separate but Tommies related issue, does anyone know when Bennetts issue the bus passes?
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

That's great thanks - shame you'll miss it weaver. Good job you said about paying for uniform as I wouldn't have had enough cash or a cheque book on me! I had completely forgotten about it☺️. I think it's nice that they get to see the school when it is empty of other pupils. I'm not sure about bus passes kismet. We haven't received ds' yet either and nor have the other mums I know. I would expect it to be in the next few though.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

In a neurotic moment I contacted Bennetts Buses. I was told they post out passes and timetables c mid August.

I tried to put this in as a new topic so more people might see but got a sqrl error (just in case administrators are looking at this)
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

Thanks for that kismet - saves me a telephone call :D
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

When we went for the induction a couple of years ago we were all taken into the hall together where Mr Morgan gave us a speech. The boys were taken off in their tutor groups, you get a pack with their house tutor and various other bits of information, and you get some more information before going to get a drink or collect the uniform. The boys come back to you whilst you are all mingling/paying etc.
RedVelvet

Post by RedVelvet »

Ah now that's jogged my memory! The other thing is to check your diary before you come. There was a summer science school (a couple of days) to sign up for.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now