Good luck to all the students sitting today

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Daogroupie

Good luck to all the students sitting today

Post by Daogroupie »

I cannot imagine having to sit an exam today. I hope the CEM exam format will help as it is lots of short questions rather than long complicated ones.

They can just move on from questions that seem hard.

Good luck to them all. I hope they manage to keep the room cool for them. DG
Turtlegirl

Re: Good luck to all the students sitting today

Post by Turtlegirl »

Epic crowds at QMGS this morning, but everyone seemed pretty cheery (apart from the mum I spotted shedding a tear as her lad went into the grounds to line up). The new parking arrangements at a nearby park seemed to work very well and it was much less stressful than having to locate a space on a nearby street, as I had to a couple of years ago.

Leaving in about an hour for the collection! Will be cross examining my boy on exam contents and PMing details to KenR for the benefit of future forumites. He will embargo them until all the last sittings have occurred. I think I was the only one a couple of years ago, so this is a bit of a prompt for others to get the info from the horses mouths before it's all completely forgotten.

Ice creams for the post exam treat today I think...
Last edited by Turtlegirl on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
um

Post by um »

I hope everything went well today :D

Just a reminder that there will be a second exam on 13th July so please feel free to PM KenR or any other mod with details but don't post them here just yet.
AK loving Dad

Post by AK loving Dad »

Turtlegirl wrote:Epic crowds at QMGS this morning, but everyone seemed pretty cheery (apart from the mum I spotted shedding a tear as her lad went into the grounds to line up). The new parking arrangements at a nearby park seemed to work very well and it was much less stressful than having to locate a space on a nearby street, as I had to a couple of years ago.

Leaving in about an hour for the collection! Will be cross examining my boy on exam contents and PMing details to KenR for the benefit of future forumites. He will embargo them until all the last sittings have occurred. I think I was the only one a couple of years ago, so this is a bit of a prompt for others to get the info from the horses mouths before it's all completely forgotten.

Ice creams for the post exam treat today I think...
Good Luck all - for what its worth, I had a lump in my throat when DS took the "long walk" to this exam...
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

um wrote:I hope everything went well today :D

Just a reminder that there will be a second exam on 13th July so please feel free to PM KenR or any other mod with details but don't post them here just yet.
I agree - please DO NOT post any info about exam content- just pass it onto KenR if you wish to.
There were epic crowds at Adams earlier according to my better half. Scorching temperatures and some poor dc were queuing up for nearly an hour!
Midlandsmom

Post by Midlandsmom »

I found collection the most torturous bit, standing the field amongst a crowd in the blistering heat trying to spot my child! All in all though it seemed an ok set up from a parents perspective! I will also pm info, however what I have is limited, my child, as per usual "can't remember" very much!
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Midlandsmom wrote:I found collection the most torturous bit, standing the field amongst a crowd in the blistering heat trying to spot my child! All in all though it seemed an ok set up from a parents perspective! I will also pm info, however what I have is limited, my child, as per usual "can't remember" very much!
I've heard that some dc can give chapter and verse about exam content. When I asked my dd a couple of years ago on how she felt the test went all I got was a mumble and a grunt. Hopefully DS will be a little more forthcoming in a hour or so. :roll:
Bob1892

Post by Bob1892 »

Btw my dw got chatting to a lady who had traveled up from Slough!! And I thought our 100 mile round trip to Adams was madness. :shock:
JamesDean

Post by JamesDean »

Bob1892 wrote:I've heard that some dc can give chapter and verse about exam content.
Well now that all depends on how well their tutor has trained them ... :lol:

JD
Wolves mum

Post by Wolves mum »

Well so glad that's over what a horrible, sticky day for the poor children. At least they can now switch off and enjoy the summer holidays :o :o ....
Unless of course they are doing KE too :shock:

Was much busier at Adams' today than previous years but one parent said there was a whole school from Solihull there?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now